04 liberty 3.7 blown head gasket, I'm looking for a little advice please, here is my story.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

char04liberty

Reaction score
Given the lifter keeps popping off, it wouldn't be a surprise to have the valve seat come loose. How does the spring look? Is it compressed more than the other at any given time? I would suggest not running it until you determine what's up. The head itself can break on the valve train side and then you for sure need a new head..... cam can break too.
I haven't run it at since my last post. I have determined that I must have a bent valve stem due to it won't spin and all the others will. Before I remove the head I'm going to use the leak down tesr

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you had the head machined, did you get it pressure tested? Machine shop would have been able to catch a bent valve if it was done.

char2004liberty

Reaction score
Im fairly confident I have a bent valve stem. For it won't spin and the others will. I'm holding off removing the head until I do a leakdown test.this way I can hopefully discover other possible issues that need attention. Does that sound about right?

char2004liberty

Reaction score
When you had the head machined, did you get it pressure tested? Machine shop would have been able to catch a bent valve if it was done.
I'm certain than none where bent! It happened after assembly but I don't know how. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.