Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gramifications

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opened my TB, WOT (with engine off) and it seemed very black, is that normal?

That's just carbon build up. You should get some throttle body cleaner and a soft lint free rag and see if you can clean it up. If you feel comfortable doing so, take the TB off and you'll really be able to clean it up well.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't Seafoam suppose to get rid of carbon build-up? If so, it didn't do a good job at it, because it looks exactly the same after the Seafoam!

Inside the intake and through the rest of the system. You won't be able to see that. What you see on the TB is the build up that you will need to clean up by hand.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some smoke but it immediately went away. I mean it was a split second. However, you mention that only 1/4 of the bottle went in? It requires about 2/3 of the bottle when going through the TB. I put the rest (1/3) into my gas tank when done.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you just dump the whole think into the gas tank?
I wanna cleaner engine but I don't wanna fiddle with vacuum hoses or stuff I don't wanna mess with.. :)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put it in the gas tank, it only goes through the fuel injectors. It will clean the pistons and such, but thats about it..

When you put it in the intake, it cleans the TB and everything..

2003KJ

Reaction score
Can't you just dump the whole think into the gas tank?
I wanna cleaner engine but I don't wanna fiddle with vacuum hoses or stuff I don't wanna mess with.. :)

The vac line on the brake booster is quite easy to pop off and put back on...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hmm... increased mileage, eh? I should talk my sister into doing this. :D How much is a bottle of Seafoam? The exhaust "enjoyment" should definitely be entertaining. :)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm pissed. :( Nothing, and I mean nothing happened! I don't think I did it right. No hard starting, no fumes, no almost-stalling, no smoke at all... NOTHING.

I'll have to try again I guess?

EDIT: I just read Jeepjeepster's post... hmm... guess my sister's engine is clean inside. That's a good thing. But anyway, I know what engine in my driveway is likely NOT very clean inside. Yup, the mommy wagon. Guess that's tomorrow's project? :D

Last edited:

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran Seafoam and I got one little burst of smoke, and I have a Video. I also Ran it into my GF's Hyundai Accent and we have the same mileage (54,000) and hers looked like it was on fire and kept smoking for a very long time. We then drove it down the road it smoked for maybe another 15 minutes until it finally seamed to stop...and I have a Video of that also.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Vtolds/?action=view&current=034.flv

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/Vtolds/?action=view&current=036.flv

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall makin me laugh, i wanna see the smoke show too! i bet u could spritz water in ur intake and do the same thing..... bak in the carburator days it was a common bak yard mechanics trick. dont mind me however it turns out im armchair qb ing and eating popcorn... ready for the show....