Seafoam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got about the same amount of smoke as Vtolds the morning after I ran seafoam through my KJ's intake. Guess it wasn't very dirty. Interestingly, my highway MPG has improved by about 5% (1 mpg.)

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoamed the Liberty and it smoked for at least 20 minutes. Did not have a video camera to record. Smoked like that Hyundai video and the Cherokee video. Sucked down a pint of SeaFoam and let the engine sit for 10 minutes. Hard to start, but when it did, boy did it smoke! After it finished smoking the idle is smooth and noticably quieter overall. CEL came on with code P300 so had to disconnect the negative battery cable to reset it. Even my wife commented on the change and this is her daily driver! She went from VA to Rhode Island and is pleased with the results!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man that WJ sounded horrible when it first cranked up....
I think he had some weird muffler on it..

I just want to see vac hose sucking on seafoam. Something I don't think I would attempt.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you run seafoam through a diesel kj? and if so were do you apply it?.

SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT for Diesel

Diesel Applications
Excellence in Performance

* Cleans injectors
* Adds lubricity
* Anti-gel
* Cleans crankcase
* Restores power
* Removes moisture
* Cleans carbon
* Stabilizes fuel
* Diesel fuel conditioner

How to Use SEA FOAM MOTOR TREATMENT
In Tune-Up of Diesel Engines

1. Fill primary fuel filter with SEA FOAM. Be sure filter is fully primed to prevent air locks. This will clean injectors quickly.
2. Use 1 pint of SEA FOAM to every 25 gallons of diesel fuel to add lubricity, clean fuel lines, injector pump and remove moisture.
3. Use 1 pint of SEA FOAM to every 4 gallons of oil to clean rings and other engine parts internally. For best results, use SEA FOAM for 1 hour before oil change. Results in cleaner engines and longer oil change intervals.

When Added to Diesel Fuel Tank

* Cleans fuel injectors
* De-ices and removes moisture
* Cleans carbon as you drive
* Diesel fuel conditioner and anti-gel
* Lubricates upper cylinders
* Stabilizes fuel
* Adds lubricity

One pint treats 25 gallons of fuel.

For Anti-Gel and De-Icer

* Use 1 pint in fuel tank to 25 gallons of diesel fuel to dry moisture and prevent gelling.
* Sea Foam will degel gelled fuel. Start with one pint to 25 gallons of gelled fuel. More will be needed in extreme cold weather.
* If filters are gelled, change them and fill them with SEA FOAM.

1. Use 1 pint to 25 gallons or (average of 1 ounce per gallon) to stabilize and condition fuels. One pint stabilizes 25 gallons of regular, unleaded and diesel fuels.
2. Use 1 pint to stabilize 6-12 gallons of 2 cycle (gas-oil mix) fuels (average 2 ounce per gallon).

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to do this and scare the hell out of my wife. Does it stink?

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that jeepkj02, will search to see if they sell it in uk.update bugger Us and canada only.

Last edited:

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone run this through the brake booster connect at throttle body? which intake is everyone using, I need to freshen things up :D

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just Seafoamed the Ford Escape with 88K on it. Smoked a bit less than the Liberty with the Hyundai shown earlier. Not enough to bother posting a video of. In all fairness I poured it in with the engine running. Might have smoked more if I just poured in down the TB.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yall makin me laugh, i wanna see the smoke show too! i bet u could spritz water in ur intake and do the same thing..... bak in the carburator days it was a common bak yard mechanics trick. dont mind me however it turns out im armchair qb ing and eating popcorn... ready for the show....

We used to do this we tranmission fluid too to free sticky valves. :D

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone run this through the brake booster connect at throttle body? which intake is everyone using, I need to freshen things up :D

Yes, I pulled the brake booster line from the master cylinder and used it to SLOWLY suck up 1/3 of a can of seafoam into the intake w/ the engine at idle. Seemed to work just fine.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok cool, thanks. I sucked it through my brake booster on my disco, I havent done it on the liberty yet, but I will probably go that route.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So you folks really swear by this stuff?
I never heard of it till I read about it here.
My best friends brother (who is now retired due to cutting half his hand off with a table saw- made a really sickening sound!) used to be a mechanic for a Dodge Chrysler Jeep dealership used to poor a litre of methyl hydrate and two litres of ATF into the crank case of his 340 powered classic Dodge Dart, let it run for 20 to 30 minutes and then do an oil change. He swore by this method and routinely did oil changes every 1500 miles.
The engine didn't seem to mind!

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once used a similar method in my KJ to desludge the engine prior to an oil change- but was warned that it can cause the seals to erode. Now I put seafoam in the day before an oil change and the oil seems to pick up more gunk from the engine and appears blacker when I drain it.

Every 1500 miles seems like a LOT of oil changes to me. I change mine every 4000-5000 miles and it's fine.