Saw these tires on Ebay ne thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running e rated a/ts now and they ride great, not harsh at all. Then again I like a firm ride, I'm riding with 790s with a stock bumper, I can't tell a difference between the old and new tires :Big Laugh:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine are also E-rated. So were my last 2 sets of tires. While not foolproof, I feel like they grant me a little bit of insurance on the trails.

Oh, and they don't ride bad at all... even at 40psi.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I was going to go ahead and get the MT's I like the look and the ATR's are 10ply that I have now. Besides I dont think I would want less than 10ply on the trails here in CA due to alot of rock gardens and obsticals

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride is a subjective thing so you may be happy with E rated tires on a Liberty. Personally I see no reason to make it ride any harsher than it needs to. E rated tires at 40 psi on a Liberty makes my teeth hurt just to think about.....

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride is a subjective thing so you may be happy with E rated tires on a Liberty. Personally I see no reason to make it ride any harsher than it needs to. E rated tires at 40 psi on a Liberty makes my teeth hurt just to think about.....

Most people on here ride with e rated tires, anything less on the trails is basically asking for a flat. Anything less then 40 psi on an e rated tire will make it bouncy and harsh

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The max press on the KK for recomended tire pressure is 33psi according to the manf. sticker on the inside of the door. which are what my tires are at now

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is where I've been confused. Finding a good psi to run the tire. I've been told 30-33 but I've also been told with them being E rated it's better to go around 36-40psi or so. I did the chalk method but than was told that really isn't effective on newer tires.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is where I've been confused. Finding a good psi to run the tire. I've been told 30-33 but I've also been told with them being E rated it's better to go around 36-40psi or so. I did the chalk method but than was told that really isn't effective on newer tires.

I was told by fellow jeeper to look at the sticker on the inside of the door as it will show the recomended max tire pressure for the jeep. and it seems to be pretty accurate.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire pressure on the door jam is for the stock tires. Other than possibly a stiff ride airing up E rated tires to 40 psi will not hurt them.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score

Not as harsh as you might think - you should go for a ride with someone with that set up. ;) Besides, KJ's are a porky beast... their curb weight is significantly more than anything else in its category. It's not like you're trying to throw a Tracker on a set of E rated tires - that, at 40psi, would be completely harsh. The heavy Liberty... not so much.

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is not as bad as I fear. I have not ridden in one with E rated tires. My Titan was jittery in the back with them but even though a Titan is heavy all trucks get light in the back when empty.