Bouncy Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just got a set of Treadwright Max Trax put on. I hadn't really gone anywhere on them but the normal roads until earlier today I took it out on gravel. Nothing major just a standard gravel road.

I noticed something weird I was wondeirng if anyone else could help clear up possibly. Whenever I hit little bumps it's really bouncy in the front.

I was thinking the tires where over inflated since it really has that bouncy ball feeling but I checked and they are all at 34psi. Not sure if I should run it lower to see how that works or what.

I just got the tires on yesterday. I never had this issue at all with the Wrangler SRA's so I don't think it's suspension related sicne the only change has been the tires.

Also I've never ran a 10ply tire or an M/T before so hell maybe this is normal for M/T's I dunno but I thought I would ask or see if anyone else has had this issue or what it sounds like could be going on.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd try and lower the pressure some
10 plys are stiff and plus the Treadwrights are heavy I'd try say 30 and see how they ride
Or do a chalk test to see if the full tread is even toughing the pavement

Thelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had a discussion about how E rated tires work on a KJ in another thread a while back. I am curious how this worked out for you. My opinion was that E rated tires are too stiff for a KJ but most told me they worked well.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used 235/85R16 MT/R E rated tires for years without issue. I invested in a good suspension however... and the engine in the CRD is harder to toss around I guess.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I m running 245/75 16 E tires and i noticed that over 34psi they become bouncy or want to wonder a little they are good at 34psi

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Toyota also had 235/85R17 MT/R E rated and currently has the Cooper of the same size and rating. Still no issues, still careful attention to suspension.
I do acknowledge that some of the offroad spots we have in the Rockies aren't as ******** as other US locations.