Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ashton853540

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta 04 jeep liberty 4wd it's in practically mint shape I was thinking of bolting 2 sets of 2 inch strut mount spacers together then welding two sets of 2 inch rear spring spacers for a 4 inch lift running 245/75/16 A/T tires on my factory rims with 2 inch wheel spacers any thoughts I'm on a very small budget I've stacked lifts on cherokees before with no issues 9 inches +

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So you bought a KJ and really hate it , right and want to destroy it .
These are NOT XJs, they have a completely different set up in front and will not work
Evan using a single spacer lift is a no no , using two would result in a good place to plant flowers in the front yard
PLUS 9 inches is a SFA way to go
3 inches is about it when using a full spring lift from OME with proper shocks
Wheel spacers ....:(
If on a small budget save up and do it right or just do not do lift it at all
Not being mean or a jerk, just years of experience on these KJs

Ashton853540

Reaction score
So you bought a KJ and really hate it , right and want to destroy it .
These are NOT XJs, they have a completely different set up in front and will not work
Evan using a single spacer lift is a no no , using two would result in a good place to plant flowers in the front yard
PLUS 9 inches is a SFA way to go
3 inches is about it when using a full spring lift from OME with proper shocks
Wheel spacers ....:(
If on a small budget save up and do it right or just do not do lift it at all
Not being mean or a jerk, just years of experience on these KJs
Where can I find a full 3 inch kit all I can find are 2 or 2.5 and half of them are only rear spacers or front a arms only

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my, well first just so you know you have a KJ so posting in wrong forum ( we'll switch it over to the KJ side soon
Next we have a lift section where all parts have been listed for years now
then OME lift, 927/948 combo of springs, then either Bilstein or OME shocks, stock length in front stock, then rear are longer, can provide numbers
That will get you 2.5 inches and easy and cheap to go to 3 inch if you think that is what you just have to have
245-75-16s can be run with 2.5 inches of lift if you run the right backspaced and right width wheels
7 inch wide with 4 inches of backspacing looks good ( when lifted )

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I find a full 3 inch kit all I can find are 2 or 2.5 and half of them are only rear spacers or front a arms only
Check out rocky-road.com they got some good lifts for the liberty ,I run the rockfather 2 kit havent had any issues.people hate on the company here but they are good at what they do.They also got a budget lift,not the best way to go you will wear parts around it faster in certain cases,but when on a budget it works. Theres always the OME route that alot of guys run here ,great set up but if your on a budget it can get pricey,rocky road also uses OME in their lift kits. Your not gonna ruin your liberty or plant pots in it or whatever that comment was using spacers,it's not the best way to go but it is an option,I ran spacers for along time and I was fine. Mine has over 200k miles on it. Oh and kj ,kk they all liberties smh. Oh yeah dont weld any spacers together tho

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:(

Oh dear

RROs top spacer/ Budget lift is a huge NO NO for one
Little back story found a ARB bumper for cheap 6 hours away
The owners were a Jeep family, bought their son a KJ Renegade, black, loaded
installed an ARB up front , with RRO Budget Lift
When I got there to pick it up he told me how you can not lift a KJ any at all
In one years time they went through 7 shocks on front, 3 UCAs and the KJ didn't even have 14000 miles on it yet!
He gave me the RRO budget lift which does make good door stops ;) the only thing it is good for
I installed the ARB on mine with the OME lift and ran the next 100,00o miles before I sold the lift and upgraded
But a lot have bought, tried them and returned them due to problems
Like the one guy who bought RRO UCAs, were welded badly, RRO ( Glen ) told me just to bend them into position , they were off over 1/2 inch ! When the guy tried to return them Glen said " no go, it's your fault that they do not fit ! " He never did get his money back , but JBA overnighted me a set for the guy and got him back on the road
Now as far as the RRO other lift they use that stupid top spacer which does nothing at all and are paying just for extra metal

Many of us who have been on the forums for years, know the stories of how RRO does business , how their parts do not work as they should most of the time
But even a blind dog finds food once in a while so some luck out
In over 16 years of dealing with KJs on three different forums plus 4 different forums on Fakebook, Doing10to20 and one other person gives them good reviews

Last edited:

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
Yeah I gotta 04 jeep liberty 4wd it's in practically mint shape I was thinking of bolting 2 sets of 2 inch strut mount spacers together then welding two sets of 2 inch rear spring spacers for a 4 inch lift running 245/75/16 A/T tires on my factory rims with 2 inch wheel spacers any thoughts I'm on a very small budget I've stacked lifts on cherokees before with no issues 9 inches +
If decide to use wheel spacers, I do not recommend going over 1.25” and make 100% sure that they are hub-centric and not the cheap crappy ones from your local auto part store, eBay, or Amazon.
I’ve had no problem with 1.25” hub-centric wheel spacers when I ran them. I eventually bought the correct wheel size and offset I was looking for to keep the same “stance”
When I was working in a shop, I have seen some damage from 1.5”+ spacers and BIG negative offset wheels. And I highly recommend not stacking spacers, that is not safe (welded or not) and would be really rough on these little SUV’s...

Latest posts

Members online