Save CAMP JEEP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please help save Camp Jeep. In case you don't know Camp Jeep is an annual three day event put on by Jeep for Jeep owners. There have been 13 Camp Jeeps over the past 12 years held in several states including Colorado, California, Virginia, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and has attracted several thousand people each year. The event features dozens of activities such as trail rides, engineering roundtables, Jeep 101 driving course, SRT-8 driving course, rock-climbing, mountain biking, skateboarding, arts and crafts, grilling schools, and scuba lessons just to name a few. The event is capped off on the last night with a concert and huge fireworks display. Camp Jeep was even named the best customer/owner appreciation event in the world in 2004, however it's future is now uncertain. The marketing department at Jeep is considering making this the last year for Camp Jeep. But you can help make sure that Camp Jeep doesn’t become a thing of the past by signing this petition.
Below is the link to where you can sign the petition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/CampJeep/petition.html

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
signed.

Even tho i recently missed the camp jeep event at elkhart lake, here in wi.

welby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Signed.

I would hate to see it go. I went to Camp Jeep '04 with my ex-gf and test drove a KJ on the off road course. That was one of the main reasons that I bought my KJ. I plan on attending it if they have it again next year, it's a really good time.

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked into going ONCE. The price was something like $200.00. And for what??? That didn't include much of anything.

To mangle something Yogi B once said: "include me out".

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emoto said:
I looked into going ONCE. The price was something like $200.00. And for what??? That didn't include much of anything.

The recent Camp jeep event here in wisconsin was somewhere around $400 per vehicle, if i recall correctly

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
Emoto said:

The recent Camp jeep event here in wisconsin was somewhere around $400 per vehicle, if i recall correctly

Oh, my brain must have tried to sheild itself from that! ](*,)

If that included hotel rooms for 2, for the duration and a few meals, it wouldn't be so bad, but isn't it just the price to enter? Not trying to bash Jeep here, but I am unclear on where the value formoney is...

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emoto said:
especko said:
Emoto said:

Oh, my brain must have tried to sheild itself from that! ](*,)

If that included hotel rooms for 2, for the duration and a few meals, it wouldn't be so bad, but isn't it just the price to enter? Not trying to bash Jeep here, but I am unclear on where the value formoney is...

That price was the entry fee for each vehicle and also the price to camp for the weekend. I am pretty sure the flyer i got in the mail from jeep said 395 a vehicle for the weekend.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the price was well worth it considering the events and such that you can sign up for. At least it was when I went in 2004. I look forward to the next time I go!

Emoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Well the price was well worth it considering the events and such that you can sign up for. At least it was when I went in 2004. I look forward to the next time I go!

I'm sure glad to hear that. If you have time, can you share with me the htings that made it worth it to you? I am trying to have an open mind because clearly some people go and find it worthwhile.

Thanks,

Bob

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emoto said:
MoladoGuy said:

I'm sure glad to hear that. If you have time, can you share with me the htings that made it worth it to you? I am trying to have an open mind because clearly some people go and find it worthwhile.

Thanks,

Bob

Well the main idea was because I like to travel and it gave me an opportunity to see Virginia Blue Mountain area. Other main reasons:
1.) Jeep culture is fading away. This event sticks the culture back together.
2.) I had the opportunity to run my vehicle on multiple off-road trails in a part of the US that I never get to occassionally venture into.
3.) The price includes 3 days of events at Camp Jeep, along with multiple other free events that you can sign up for. In the case of when I went we had a Wine Tasting event at a Virginian winery (free), we had movie passes to see Spider-Man at a local movie theatre with popcorn/pop (Free), and we had choosen to take a 1.5hr tubing trip down the James River (free). Those were just a few options that you could choose on your iteniary
4.) Camp Jeep itself was packed with sweet vehicles, lifted, old, concept.
5.) Camp Jeep has good live bands
6.) The final day at Camp Jeep was awesome as it provided a free concert, food, and fireworks at the end.

Yes, the hotel stay was not included, but for $79.99 a night it was well worth it. That was a holiday Inn just outside the Camp Jeep region. All in all it was fun and it was a vacation well worth it.

It's all on the individual, but if you have not experienced it then there your opinion based on the cost is very bleek.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if they were to say they were going to stop having the Burning Man Festival you'd have people on both sides saying the money is or isn't worth it.

Latest posts

Members online