Rusty's or JBA??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME claims 1.5" lift but you gain more than that I gained 3", and like tommudd said you want OME 927 and OME 948 for coils and for Rancho shocks its RSX17004 and RSX17505

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and for the coils I bought mine at DPG off-Road they are $72 ea, I beleive its www.dproffroad.com and you can email him what you need or give him a call his name is Dirk hes a good guy and will make sure you have everything you need

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said go OME I bet you can get them any where in the world
and I got enough lift out of Med. springs all around to fit 245/75 MTR's with no rub after 20K+ miles

I think when it comes to the Rustys lift people are in denial
that it is poor quality

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME claims 1.5" lift but you gain more than that I gained 3", and like tommudd said you want OME 927 and OME 948 for coils and for Rancho shocks its RSX17004 and RSX17505

How did you gain it?
Spacers?

Btw i have rusty's 2.5 spacer lift + JBA upper a-arms, 255x70x16 all-terrains and practically no rubbing kopkrab.gif

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OME HD coils and Rancho front strut and OME N132 rear shocks and 1 extra rear iso (total of 2 ea side) and 3 conduit nust ea side and I gained right at 3" all around and I have heavy front and rear bumpers, and I about to add a third reaar iso and a 4th conduit nut

if you do the clevis you need 2" conduit nuts

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and Im still on stock a arms and my tires are 235/70 AT but I have a set of 245/75 MTs waiting that should fit w/o any rubbing or pounding

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So why are you adding spacers jsc7002?

Do you remember what your before lift measurement was , then the after lift measure?

The cleavis alone net you probably 3/4 " right? So if you gained 1.5 from the coils, and 3/4 from the cleavis , thats 2.25". Where did the other 3/4" come from?

Would it be the amount the original suspension was sagged from brand new measurement?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
am I on LOST or where ....i am so confused on all this lift stuff...........NOT

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you remember what your before lift measurement was , then the after lift measure?

The cleavis alone net you probably 3/4 " right? So if you gained 1.5 from the coils, and 3/4 from the cleavis , thats 2.25". Where did the other 3/4" come from?

Would it be the amount the original suspension was sagged from brand new measurement?

NOPE
Like you were told over on LOST just because OME claims 1.5" you tend to get at least 1.5" but most get 2" or more

I believe that the reason that they claim only 1.5" is for factory warranty
Jeep states no lifts over 2" so if they call it only 1.5" then they are good
also has to do with stuff like spring rate and how the coils progress ect.

they look at the stock coils are rated to hold X weight and compress from Y hight to Z hight under that load
their coils are rated to hold X weight and compress from Y hight to Z hight
but the wight of the Jeep is different from one to another
the quality control is by far better than what the factory is getting thus you get the 1.5" number but the factory spec may be off on their coil ,over rated
and the spec on the OME coil may be off ,under rated,
all this combined with things like a clevis lift is how folks get 2.5-3" of lift

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

b/c I want more lift :)

BEFORE:
FRONT
You must be registered for see images attach

REAR

AFTER:
FRONT

REAR

and I know you prolly dont like this forum any more but here is my thread of my lift:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28737&highlight=

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
What happened to your rear fenders man? Are you building a rear bumper too?

I'm almost scared to post anything in a lift thread, but we won't go there.(deadhorse) =;[-( (whistle)

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the daystar strut plates, are they really necessary?

Crap...beginnig to understand, that i'm gonna have to buy a frankenlift...unless someone says JBA one is fine :)

The JBA one is fine!

Sorry I'm late to this party. I've been out of town learning to fly that 500 MPH off-road vehicle since April & have not been using the KJ, so I haven't been here much.

In all honesty, I have not had a chance to wheel it yet. I was hoping to take it to Denver in April & give it a go, but $4 gas inspired me to buy a Miata for my travels.

The on road qualities are great. Far better than stock. The one caveat I'd mention is that the front needs a bit of weight to compress the front struts a bit more. Not much though... In fact, about the weight of a set of Skid Row Plates will do it.

Oh & Marlin is also one fine businessman who takes care of his customers & stands behind his products. I cannot say enough good things about him!

These photos are before the Skid Row Plates; the top is with the rear sway bar & front discos removed:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
but remember kjpilots is the 4 inch lift , not the regular 2.5 that JBA sells there is some difference there,

just go OME and be done with it! With mine and 70,000 on the lift I am still within 1 inch of JBAs 4 inch and have done it with a ARB on the whole time!
OME is designed for the KJ and works like it should. Most others take springs from other applications and make them work Rustys included, poor choice as many have found out!

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but remember kjpilots is the 4 inch lift , not the regular 2.5 that JBA sells there is some difference there,

AHHH! Right you are! I saw "JBA" and assumed that we were talking about the 4" or 6" kits.

After all my research before getting my kit, if I were going with the standard 2.5" lift, I'd do as Tommudd says- OME with the long shocks.