Rusty's or BDS coil lift???????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Debating on eighter BDS or Rusty coil lift. if i do the BDS what front Struts should i get? Any input would be appreciated.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why not consider an OME lift, best there is, 3 different spring rates to choose from, if you dont want OME shocks/ struts go with Rancho RSXs. You can put together an OME lift for about the same price as either above. Not many run the BDS and Rustys coils will sag after a while. Check over on LOSTKJs for tons of lift info

Tom

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you explain "3 diffrent spring rates"? I am thinking on the Frankenlift for my 04, just wondering what the rates are. I know 1 would be CRD and 1 would be the gas model.....but whats the third spring-rate......heavy duty?

I believe I will opt for the Rancho's myself, since I don't rock crawl or deep mud the thing. I will be daily commuting......just want more ground clearance for snow mainly. I find the front end is too low for a 4x4. I just want good stuff for my money, but it don't have to be the best.;)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you explain "3 diffrent spring rates"? I am thinking on the Frankenlift for my 04, just wondering what the rates are. I know 1 would be CRD and 1 would be the gas model.....but whats the third spring-rate......heavy duty?

I believe I will opt for the Rancho's myself, since I don't rock crawl or deep mud the thing. I will be daily commuting......just want more ground clearance for snow mainly. I find the front end is too low for a 4x4. I just want good stuff for my money, but it don't have to be the best.;)
The BDS lift uses a spacer for the front lift and new longer coils for the rear.

As far as the 3 different spring rates for the OME coils they are---light(300lbs spring rate),meduim(350lbs spring rate),and heavy duty(400lbs spring rate).Most Frankinlifts use the HD springs,many say the ride is very good.None of these are recommended for a CRD(see below,OME makes CRD coils also).Rusty's coils are 300lbs spring rate.

The stock CRD front coils are 410lbs spring rate,the stock gasser spring rates vary widely depending on options(between 300lbs-350lbs).OME has CRD coils now that are rated at 500lbs spring rate(made for CRD with ARB bumber and winch),can not get these in the 2 1/2" frankinlifts,they will give you 1 1/2" of lift cause the difficulty in adding the spacer to get the full 2 1/2"+ lift of other Frankinlifts.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok cool. My Lib is the 3.7 gas model. Now that I have an idea of what some #'s are it just makes sense to go with the 400lbs springs to avoid the sag. The Rancho's will probably be a good all round strut/shock combo, for my daily driving. Right now I would give near anything to get rid of that rear suspension hard hits. It really hits hard...so I am hoping that issue will clear up with the Franky.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had Heavy Duty OME springs and Rancho shocks/ struts on for over 50,000 miles now and love the tide , the way it handles etc. With that said I do have the ARB on front , but before I put it on ran it to Orlando and back 2400 miles or so and no problems. If I had to do it all over again would do it the same way