Rusty's Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my shipping notification from Rusty's (Quantum View). Scheduled delivery to N.M. is Thurs. the 15th. I also went ahead and got some sliders from Rocky Road Outfitters. This could be a busy and expensive next couple of weeks! #-o

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just placed my order!

Just placed my order. I picked up the strut plates and a Fram oil drain thingy (yeah, that's the technical name), too.

I've got big plans for the KJ to include...

Custom ARB type bumpers front/rear
Custom rock sliders
Rusty's 2.5" lift
245/75-16 tires... still looking for type... possibly '06 Rubicon wheels/tires

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cpliberty04 said:
Just received UPS confirmation that my kit shipped today and will be delivered Thursday. Shipping in 2 boxes. \:D/

Yeah, it'll ship in two boxes... one is 32lbs and the other is 58lbs, if I remember correctly.

This is what really chaps my ****. First reason that they gave that they couldn't ship it USPS is that it was too heavy (90lbs, USPS limit is 70lbs). That made sense right up until I asked if they could split it into two boxes to comply with USPS requirements and was told that it WAS in two boxes. That's when I realized that they just didn't WANT to ship it USPS. Just ***** that it's the best bang for the buck in KJ lifts or I'd have gone with something else since they were so completely unwilling to provide any sort of customer service.

Either way, mine is on the way. I probably won't get it installed 'til late April though since I probably won't get it until late March and I'm going to Hawaii around 9 April.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
I think im gonna tackle the installation myself here at home... Hey Griz werent the BFG's quite expensive at that size. The cheapest i saw a 245/70r16 in the A/T's was for like 140.00$ Gonna check all my options before i buy tires though.

Yeah, they were a little more money than the 235's and they had to order them in because they don't usually carry that size in the store. I got them at Discount Tire. I didn't want to run a real large tire, so I went with the largest I could run without a lift and something that would fit the 8" wide Moab wheels.

My Rusty's Suspension should be delivered on the 15th. Don't know for sure when I'll be able to do the install though, I'm pretty busy the next few weeks. My only chance could be this next Sunday, after that I'm traveling and will be out of town until mid April.

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Hmm havent gotten my quantumview email saying when it will be shipped. Hope i get it SOON!

Me either.

For those of you who have... how long after you ordered did you get the email?

Maximum Carnage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my notification the day after I placed my order. Expected date of delivery is the same as everyone else Thursday 3-15-07 \:D/

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maximum Carnage said:
Griz Do you know if the OME shocks we upgraded to are the EXTENDED versions? Part number N132L? I kinda doudt it.

I don't think they are the extended version. However, I don't think you really need the extended shock, unless you start bottoming out. The OME's will ride fine and keep your Liberty almost like the "factory ride".

I really don't know that much about the shock they are selling at All J. But it is an option for the Frankenlift.

The kit we bought from Rusty's is designed to be affordable, functional and comfortable. You'll be happy with it I'm sure.

cpliberty04

Reaction score
Just got a quote from a local 4x4 shop: $450 to install the kit including alignment! help!.gif That price sounds high to me. I hope I can get my Uncle to help me or maybe I can have an install party.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
Got my lift today! \:D/ Now just waiting on the Super Skinks and we'll get everything installed. luxhello.gif

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my confirmation email. The lift will be in CA on the 20th and that puts it out here in mid-April. I'll have to install it as soon as I return from HI.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW GOT YOUR KIT ALREADY??????????? i still havent gotten my confirmation email.................. Gettin a little scared. I might need to call them soon...

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
WOW GOT YOUR KIT ALREADY??????????? i still havent gotten my confirmation email.................. Gettin a little scared. I might need to call them soon...

Did you order fairly early from when the GB started? I'm wondering if maybe they only had a few in stock and are having to make up more kits to cover all (how many) of us who participated. :-k

cpliberty04

Reaction score
I placed the order at 10:30pm Friday night 3/9. Received confirmation email at 11:30pm. Got shipping confirmation Monday 3/12 and they were delivered Wed afternoon 3/14. Super fast service for me here in VA. I haven't opened the boxes to make sure everything is there yet.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered about the same time, and mine showed up today about 10:30 am MST here in Albuquerque. Very good service. Don't worry Stampey, there's some with your name on em'!

Latest posts

Members online