Rusty's Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauntedyards said:
Did Rusty's give you an ETA of when this order page would be available?

Jeff

The order page is up and running. I already ordered mine.

I sent PM's to those that confirmed, and those that were undecided.

If you need help contact me via PM.

Please mention 4x4trails.net in the comment section of the order form.

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ02Ltd said:
What's 4x4trails.net?

Clicky 4x4trails.net
Listing of trails, difficulty, location, etc. covers Colorado & Utah very well, along with some other states. We rely on users to send us information about new trails.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the usual transfer case on a 02 liberty?
Dont know why they need that info for a lift but eh...

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I've been paying attention around here I think it's...

NP231 - Command Trac - 2hi - 4hi - N - 4Lo

NP242 - Select Trac - 2hi - 4PT - 4FT - N - 4Lo

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done deal. Order placed this evening. I was wondering why the shipping charges are so high. $77.00 to N.M. Could it be that there's a higher rate for shipping gas-filled shocks? Just curious. At any rate, I'm jazzed and have already lined up a couple of local shops to do the install. Hopefully there will be ten of us who actually pull the trigger. I'll be interested to see when (and if) they charge my debit card. Looking forward to the new mod and kudos to Griz for making this happen....... =D>

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sgoat said:
Done deal. Order placed this evening. I was wondering why the shipping charges are so high. $77.00 to N.M. Could it be that there's a higher rate for shipping gas-filled shocks? Just curious. At any rate, I'm jazzed and have already lined up a couple of local shops to do the install. Hopefully there will be ten of us who actually pull the trigger. I'll be interested to see when (and if) they charge my debit card. Looking forward to the new mod and kudos to Griz for making this happen....... =D>

It's shipping from Alabama, my shipping to Denver was $77.50. Your card will be charged immediately, and will ship early next week. Rusty's not waiting for all 10 orders to be placed, he's trusting me that I lined up at least 10 buyers. Rusty's is planning a Denver warehouse to serve the western states, this could help reduce shipping costs to us westerners.

Thanks for the kudos, it was helpful knowing Rusty's Western sales Rep. we've been friends for a long time and go Jeepin' together too.

Enjoy the job of installing, I plan on having my 2 strapping young sons help me out. I've done too many mods by myself over the years.

Jim

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, the charges are already showing against my account. I'm not sure when I'm going to get this installed, but we should all try to post before and after pics. I'll do my best to make that happen. This is all really new to me but it feels 'right'. Been doin' the 2 wheel (motorcycle) thing for 40+ years so I'm no stranger to this madness! 8-[

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping cost 77.50 to california. Not to bad. But HEY I CANT WAIT NOW!!!!! Will definetly post pictures when i get it done! Hopefully it arrives just in time for my Spring BREAK!!! mj.gif leghump.gif

Oh but then i need to save for Tires ](*,)

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the tires on we're running 245/70/16's BFG A/T's on a set of (Rubicon) Moab wheels. They scrape just a little at full turn right now, but will stuff better after the lift. I had the 245/75/16 MTR's on but man they are noisy compared to the A/T's.

I'll post some before and after pictures, we should start a new thread for the photos.

Hauntedyards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same shipping cost to Northern Minnesota.

I got the gas shocks as well...

Should be interesting... What is an average price for a shop to put one of these one?

Jeff

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna tackle the installation myself here at home... Hey Griz werent the BFG's quite expensive at that size. The cheapest i saw a 245/70r16 in the A/T's was for like 140.00$ Gonna check all my options before i buy tires though.

sgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on new Yokohama Geolander AT/S's (225/75X16) and some Enkei PKR wheels. Both look sharp. I think the lift will be the icing on the cake. Still thinkin' about a roof rack w/backup lights sometime down the road. As far as install costs, I've gotton two quotes locally (Albuquerque) including alignment. One was for 290.00+tax, the other for 360.00+tax. Oddly enough I'll probably go with the higher quote as I just had a better feel for that shop. The first one was hesitant about installing a kit they didn't provide and reluctantly agreed to install the kit.

jgp1843

Reaction score
My order is in, same story on shipping. Looking forward to getting on the trail this summer. thanks for setting up this buy; I won't be putting it on for a month or so, but it's always good to save some money.

Now I get to spend the savings (and more) on another set of wheels and tires.

cpliberty04

Reaction score
What should I look for in a shop to get the kit installed? I checked with a local 4x4 shop and the guy didn't know anything about the Rusty Coil Lift and asked to see the instructions. Said they do the spacer lifts. Didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling so I want to look elsewhere for someone who can do the job. There aren't any other 4WD specialty shops around and I'm not sure if a local service shop can be trusted to do this or not. I'm not a trained mechanic but it doesn't look that complicated to me. Any suggestions on where to check?

Also, will Cragar 397s in 16x8 and BFG TA KOs in 245/75-16 fit ok without rubbing or should I drop back to 245/70?

Thanks!

Griz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if the shop is doing spacer lifts that once they see the suspension kit; they will be able to do it for you. They almost do all the work when they put in the spacers. Only with this kit they will replace the front struts.

Don't worry too much about it. And if you need help with it I'm sure there are some local Jeepers that do weekend wrenching that would help you do the install yourself.