Rubicon MOAB guys running the MT/R goodyears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, our crapyears on the liberty have almost completely buit the dust in only 21k miles. They got maybe 3k left on them at most. We lost one to a large metal object last week while exploring Colorado. We are considering purchasing a lift now and buying a set of take-off rubicon MOABs and tires. Found one set on craig's list with only 20 miles on the tires. I'm curious what kind of wear you guys are seeing? Are they going to last 30k or better?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your alignment is good and you rotate them every 3000 miles they should last about 30,000-40,000 miles,though the MT/R's of Rubicons are a little different the then the one's you buy else where.Out of the 3 sets I have had they all went over 30,000 with a min of 8/32 of tread left(that was my last set with 35,000 miles on them).The key is frequent rotations,it's a must with the MT/R's.Also remember that they are a super aggresive off road tire and tread life is not why you buy them,they kick but in the rocks:D .

Latest posts

Members online