rubi rims vs libby rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rubicon rims look more dished out than the libby rims, would this effect how well 245/75s would fit overall for rubbing ect? or say 265s?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rubicon rims look more dished out than the libby rims, would this effect how well 245/75s would fit overall for rubbing ect? or say 265s?
The KJ OEM rims are 16x7(except the 17 rims) with 5.5" BS,the Rubicon rims are 16x8 with 5" BS,so yes they will effect how a tire fits over the KJ's rims.The BS and width will effect more for rubbing than the looks.

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in other words, you're tires LOOK like they are pushed out 1.5" further than stock rims. They are actually .5 further out and 1 " thicker.

It will help with stuffing a bit, and overall makes the jeep look a whole lot meaner.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me throw out a hypothetical then....

I'll be lifting mine about 1.5" on the front and the rear to level to that front lift. If I got the Rubi rims, would I be able to run 245/75/16's?

I love how the rubi rims look...it seems some are 17", some are 16"? I assume most people here are going with the 16"?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me throw out a hypothetical then....

I'll be lifting mine about 1.5" on the front and the rear to level to that front lift. If I got the Rubi rims, would I be able to run 245/75/16's?

I love how the rubi rims look...it seems some are 17", some are 16"? I assume most people here are going with the 16"?
You would be able to run 245/75's no problem,that's the size of tire that the Rubicon's have on them.You need the MOAB rims from a '03-'06 Rubicon(TJ) which are 16",you can not use the MOAB's from the '07 JK Rubicons(17"),different bolt pattern(5 on 5 vs our 4.5 on 5).

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that explains it tjkj...thanks. Not sure if I'll ever get around to the rim swap, but I'd like it. It's on the "to-do" list, but who knows where the budget will be in the future.

4500 miles on the stock GY's...that means a while before 245/75 A/T's :(

JimKJSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fine print from a tire site that I think is relevant...
1. The dimensions shown are average tire design values for tires measured on specified measuring rim widths. Some tires may vary from this value by +/- 3% of the section height (affecting overall diameter), and +/- 4% of the section width.
2. Section width varies approximately 0.2" (5mm) for every 0.5" change in rim width.

Members online