Rubbing Issues? Thank you all!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awsten84

Reaction score
I've been told that the wheels and tires I just bought for my 2007 KJ (no lift) are going to cause major rubbing issues, but I can't seem to figure out why that would be so.

This is what I have on it now, fully stock:
1. 225/75R16 tires, diameter 29.28", section width 8.85"
2. 16x7" wheels, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, 5.5" backspace

This is what I bought and want to put on:
1. 225/75R16 General Grabber AT2 tires, diameter 29.3
2. 16x7" Cragar Black D Window wheels, 5x4.5" bolt pattern, 4" backspace

Virtually, the only difference in this new setup I want to put on is the 4" backspace instead of my current 5.5" backspace.

Any red flags here, and if so, what are some possible solutions?

Thanks, all!

jcbll95

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
It is late, I am a little tired, but I think that your new setup will stick out a little farther than the stock, 1.5 inches farther. The tires are the same size so hieght shouldnt be a problem. The only thing that I can think of to try is to tape something that is 1.5 to 2 inches wide to the sidewall, even with the tread, of your tire,( to simulate the new width), And have someone turn the wheel lock to lock and look for contact. Pinch weld, sway bar, front of splash shield can all be culprits or you may be lucky. HHope that made sense.