Thanks for accepting me. I have a 05 Liberty KJ. I'm wanting to put JK 18" wheels on it with 1 1/2" spacer/adaters. What tire can I use without rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Kersey

Reaction score
Thank you for accepting me. I have an 05 KJ and want to put JK 18" wheels on it without rub. I have 1 1/2 inch spacer/adapters. What tire should I buy?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BAD idea for several reasons
First your KJ is more than likely sagged at least an inch or more due to weak springs
2nd, using those wheels with spacers you will rub on pinch weld ( in back of wheelwell ) and on the inner wheelwells in front
( IF lifted 2.5 inches or so you could get by possibly )
3rd you could go to a very small tire but then it would not be a tire size that I would run on a KJ due weight bearing , changing gear ratios etc
Why are you wanting to go to that size and JK wheel anyways
Buy a wheel that actually fits your KJ
Not being mean or anything , just plain facts

KJs came stock with a 29 inch tall tire at about 6.5-7 inches wide
To run what you want you would need to drop down to a tire that is 26-27 inches I would say, and thus affect your gearing / speedometer/ etc
and with that size tire and 18 inch wheel, there goes your ride due to hardly any sidewall flex

Michael Kersey

Reaction score
BAD idea for several reasons
First your KJ is more than likely sagged at least an inch or more due to weak springs
2nd, using those wheels with spacers you will rub on pinch weld ( in back of wheelwell ) and on the inner wheelwells in front
( IF lifted 2.5 inches or so you could get by possibly )
3rd you could go to a very small tire but then it would not be a tire size that I would run on a KJ due weight bearing , changing gear ratios etc
Why are you wanting to go to that size and JK wheel anyways
Buy a wheel that actually fits your KJ
Not being mean or anything , just plain facts

KJs came stock with a 29 inch tall tire at about 6.5-7 inches wide
To run what you want you would need to drop down to a tire that is 26-27 inches I would say, and thus affect your gearing / speedometer/ etc
and with that size tire and 18 inch wheel, there goes your ride due to hardly any sidewall flex
Thanks for your input. I value your opinion.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Main issue is the needing to use wheel spacers
sits the wheel/tire combo out so when you are turning especially, it will rub like crazy