RRO Snow Plow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the RRO snow plow? This seems to suit my
needs. I will be adding a power angle unit to from a western. Basically shopping
by price the cheapest full hydraulic rig was about $4500-$5500 for a new entry
level setup. The RRO snowplow and mount are $2200 shipped. I have a feeling
it is just a snowbear plow and snowbear mount, but the price is higher then
other snowbear retailers. I have emailed them and am waiting for a response
from them.

Also the snowbear setup is about 250lbs complete=(similar to a arb bumper)

where the

hydraulic setups are upwards of 500lbs complete=(CRD, arb and winch combined)

Also will stock CRD springs fit a non-CRD liberty? The local dealership will give
me a good deal on a set of new CRD springs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
In my owners manual it clearly states do not use Jeep for pushing.
If you take the front bumper off you will see why. Lacking a real steel real frame, this set up reminds me of pop can aluminum in there.
It would take some pretty specific steel welding mods to make the kj strong enough in the front for pushing.
I had to mod my push bar with new steel boxed brackets and add angle iron on bottom with a 1 inch rectangular down post that got welded to skid plate.
There really is not a lot of anything resembling a strong frame like found in a pick up truck, found anywhere in the kJ.
Recommend a Ford or GM pick up truck for mounting a plow.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
CRD springs will work. As for plowing with Liberty you are on your own.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

I'm not sure what RRO sells, but there has been some discussion of this before... here's a thread on LOST:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57510&sid=778e5db479e599ba80a571610fb8b327

I've thought about it too, as I was looking at a house with a 1500' driveway at one time - didn't buy it though.

My thoughts at the time were that it would be way too lightweight to go into the plowing business, but if you just wanted to do your own driveway occasionally and took it easy it would probably be allright.

As for Rocky Road, I'll just direct you to this thread:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49977&highlight=rocky+road

Snowbear is made in Canada, eh? :)

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOot! Canada, yeah I have talked to them and they are a good company, they just don't
make heavy (commercial) duty snow plows. I know the Jeep isn't the best plow vehicle,
but last year there was no plowing done in our lane way (800ft long) and it made for a
horrbile winter. We live down a hill and trying to get up it with 2-3 feet of snow *****.

Sorry about the wrong weight for the ARB, I though they were heavier.

I plan to do only my lane way and a very small (10 car) parking lot at the school. I think
it will be fine for it. I just don't want to pay RRO more for a product I can get cheaper
else where.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Secondly, I read the other forum, seems they are of the same mind, don't be an idiot
driver plowing to fast and you should be fine. I plan to plow slowly and I know the area very well, such as potholes and landmarks.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey Mike,
Walmart has a plow attachment right now for $1300.00

BTW, there is a guy here in town with an 05 that has a plow and does the local parking lots with his. I spoke to him last winter and he said that his setup works pretty decent for the type and amount of snow we get
Once the snow flies I'll try and track him down.

I think that I have some pictures of his rig...
But you will have to wait until I get home from the hospital.

Slava

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to plow this winter I would definitely recommend to get tire chains :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO
having had snow plows on a Early Bronco, a CJ5, full size Bronco, F150 and an F250 I would never install one on anything smaller than a 3/4 ton pickup
Unless you've had one you don't realize what all it can tear up even doing small lots
But like everything else its yours to do what you want!

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how good the snowplow from walmart would be.... My friend (who plows for a living) uses a 2001 TJ to plow small areas where his 1 ton is too big. Says it works well. He uses a 500lb western plow and has put Timbrens on the front suspension, Rides like crap but works really well. He has been using it for years.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also heard back from RRO that what they sell is a completely unmodified snow bear plow and mount, except that it costs more then other retailers. I though by the way the site talked about it that they had some super RRO mounting system. Oh well. Canadian Tire sells the same setup for about 1,599.99 (+350 for the mount) compared to the RRO price of $2149 (mount included). Also I find that Canadian Tire has excellent no hassle warranty exchanges. I have bought trailers from them and have had great service.

jamesdart

Reaction score
i know a guy that put a yellow poly plow on an 02 liberty. he owns a few properties and uses it only for his stuff. its a light duty line from a big plow company i forget which one though. meyers maybe. one thing i thought was funny it has giant rubber bands instead of springs to let it fold over if you hit something. it works pretty good. he used to have one of those lexan plows on a t100 since new. the truck was getting tired with 200,000 miles so he retired it and took over his wifes liberty. before the t100 he had a j-truck with a plow.