Rough idle/will barely idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianfarm

Reaction score
Recently had a blown head gasket and ended up replacing the right side cylinder head. At initial start up the engine ran really rough. The code I got was a P0300 random misfire code. I replaced the coils and spark plugs. Still runs rough. I haven’t checked the injectors yet simply because barely ides on its own. So I’m just looking for some help now. Any would be appreciated.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen it mentioned that the upstream o2 sensor can cause this kind of problem. I have no first hand experience with that.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No IAC in a 2011, drive by wire system. Are there any other codes beside the P0300 ??
If you could add 2011 KK Jeep to your signature line, that would be very helpful.

njpaulkj

Reaction score
This post is old as hell now, but sounds like timing chain is off a tooth or two. Valve open when it is not supposed to be. Orrrr, the left head dropped a valve seat and is jamming a valve open.