Air Intake Control Valve Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Victor Ray

Reaction score
Either I am very weak, or the bolt holding the AICV is very tight, I cant get it to budge. What the dfse do I do?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
If it's never been off before you need to crack it loose! Get the Jeep HOT first.
Spray a bit of Penetrating oil at it.
Straight inward pressure holding the extension level & using this little set up to break it free.
I tape it up so it wont fall off, and to keep it tight, no wobbly please.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeep IAC photo Correction:

Clean the IAC port while you are there.

Carb cleaner removes the heavy carbon deposits best.

Victor Ray

Reaction score
So I cleaned it up like new. Reinstalled it and the Jeep still does the same thing as before. Starts, runs, rough, clears up runs fine, then does it all over again, sometimes stalls. I also replaced the PCV valve.
I am not sure what i should do next. I do not have a scanner So I am not working with codes just old school

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What year do you have , if 02-05 you can pull codes doing the switch on and off trick
Autozone and some of those will scan for free and let you know what codes they pull
just make sure they know how to do it right, some do not at all

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the engine light on? If so, you will have a stored code/s. Often The IAC won't trigger a code.
I ended up eventually replacing the IAC, Moapr is best , but no stock for 3 weeks, so I used a BWD #50596 it works well.
It might be something else, from fuel delivery to plugs/compression.
Jeep likes new spark plugs every 35K miles, do you have the correct plugs / gap there? NGK ZFR6F-11G (gap .040inch) for KJ only.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online