Rock Sliders pictures/info needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting sliders for the Liberty (2002)

i am to these three options, but open to other suggestions. not making them myself.

JCR Stage 3
Rock lizard Super Skink
Rock Road Super sliders

so far i think rock lizard is on top of my list, but i do like how the other sliders angle up...
i have heard JCR sliders have mounting holes that do not line up on the front mounting brackets is this still true?

i am concerned about how far they protrude from the side, i know that is the point of them, but i also dont want to make entry and exit of the jeep difficult...

can anyone offer pictures of any of the three on their jeep? the manufacturers pages leave a bit to be desired...
i am interested in how far they stick out from the side...

thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For me I like how the RLs Skinks are flat , makes for a nice step from getting up on top to wash the KJ to my 80 year old Mother getting in and out
Plus they stick out far enough to actually protect the sides when hitting roacks and trees . I've actually put mine up against a tree and spun the KJ around it to get through tight spots
The ones that angle up like JCRs are OK but do not provide much of a step and for me are harder to get in and out of

RRO, well thats not even a good choice at all :Bye:

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks tom,
i know where to find pictures of yours! thanks for the advice, i am always up on the rear tire to wash the roof so some kind of side bars would help.

STW

Reaction score
I bought the JCR's stage 3 a year ago, still need to put them on... They look nice but when i "held" them in place a week ago, something doesnt look right... I have heard more good things about RL than JCR. I am getting RL front and rear bumpers

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course mine were trail tested tough by Troy before I got them :happy175:
The first picture makes them look like they stick out farther than they do, when the front tire is sitting straight they come out even with the tires

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
here are the ones from JCR on an 07

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
After allot of photo studing and question asking we went with the Rock Lizard Super Skinks over the JCR sliders.
I like the fact that they are triangulated with the mounting points and the fact that they line up with the mounting holes. They also come with a jig/mounting template for drilling the hole spacing correctly.
Now I just need a "Gimp free" day to install them. (I could of used them wheeling last week as I beat on one of our rockers badly again!)

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info Ryan

send some pictures when they are installed

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after reading pros and cons about orders from rocklizard, i was thinking about getting the JCR stage 2 sliders instead....they have a holiday promo code right now for 10% off...
i am just worried about ordering and never receiving from RL...

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:bleh:
after reading pros and cons about orders from rocklizard, i was thinking about getting the JCR stage 2 sliders instead....they have a holiday promo code right now for 10% off...
i am just worried about ordering and never receiving from RL...

Yea me too, i cant wait forever for a product

Whats the difference between the stage 2 and stage 3

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Could try and get the best instead of settling for second best
After first of the year taking new orders

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i am hoping to call them after the website shows they are back up and running and see what kind of info he can give me on the business revamp.

4x4kayak2112:
the stage 3 has the tubes angled up and the stage 2 they are straight out.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me the better part of six months to get my RL gear. He totally hooked me up on the jerry can and hi lift mount.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got these installed FINALLY!

some tips/info
get a good new 5/16 drill bit before starting
you will need a right angle drill
i was trying to use my craftsman C3 drill/driver and it would not fit, the right angle drill got the job done, wish that was mentioned in the instructions.
on my 2002 i had to trim the fender flares, no big deal.
otherwise it bolted up well, as mentioned only 3 of the 4 bolts can be used on the front mounts, but that seems ok...i could always weld something on for another if i really needed...
will post pics this week

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pictures
crappy phone pictures...

they stick out pretty far, i think if i was to do it again the stage 3 (now the only option) would be better, but that was more cost...?

Attachments

• 0704141228.jpg
    0704141228.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 0704141229.jpg
    0704141229.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 49