Rock Rail options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next on my research list is rocker protection.
And so, after searching the forum for the last hour of so, I can't find much concrete info on roack-rails/ rocker armor. Sorry, if I have just mised it.

I've tracked down a few items, notably the Mopar rails that are standard on the Renegade. I found some comments that these may not be the best option for the $300 they cost.

And Just4Jeeps has some rails, but they are advertised "Decorative" So that's no good
http://www.justforjeeps.com/siratu3.html

RRO also makes sliders, but due to their reputation, I'm shying away from that option. Are their rails better than their customer service?
http://www.rocky-road.com/kjrockrail.html

Also looked at All-Js "Standard Skink" sliders.
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm

Looking for other options, opinions on what others are using, and any other thoughts members have on protecting the KJs flanks.

Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AllJ's does not make/sell Rock sliders anymore for KJ's,you have Rock Lizards web site listed but say it's AllJ's.RL's sliders are still being made and by the way the listed prices are not right as there is a 15% discount on all items on his web site.

Oh and by the way I have to say the RL Super Skink Sliders are worth there weight in gold.I've more then tested one set, never failed, and only due to having to have a custom set made for my SFA swap I would still have that original set,Tom has them on his KJ now.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely stay away from the mopar ones; both the ones from the link and the Renegade style ones. I can say from experience the Rennie style ones are junk. Tinfoil tubes mainly. I have no opinion of the RRO ones, have never seen them or done business with them. The Rock Lizard ones are highly lauded round these parts. I am not sure if Rock Lizard is making products at this time or not; maybe someone will chime in about that. One you forgot was Boulder Bars: http://boulderbars.com/kjboulderbars.htm I have heard from some AZ guys that these are pretty good in the rocks.

EDIT: I guess RL is making stuff again. Cool. On the All J's website it says it will take 2 weeks for their KJ rails. Is that old news; maybe it hasn't been updated in awhile?

I went to a local fab guy that has done a ton of business for a local Jeep forum. That is always an option as well. I was able to get a set of rails, that have been abused now for well over a year, considerably cheaper than what any of the above are selling for. Always a good option and keeps your money going to someplace local.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This company http://www.jcroffroad.com also have just started doing 3 styles of slider for the KJ. I have no idea what they are like, all I can say is that they look good from the photos.

those look good. They may really strong but to me it looks like they would bend up like RRO rails. The price looks good too. $85 for shipping is redonculous.

Upon closer inspection I recant about bending up. Looks like a good design now. Now, if they can get that shipping down or really put a price on them for what they are worth that would be great.

Last edited:

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like the look of those jcoffroad Stage one and the price is right......until I add in the $75 for shipping.:disgust: Are they delivered in a Limo?

thanks for the quick replies. I'll look into the Lizard's 15% off deal too.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those look good. They may really strong but to me it looks like they would bend up like RRO rails. The price looks good too. $85 for shipping is redonculous.

Upon closer inspection I recant about bending up. Looks like a good design now. Now, if they can get that shipping down or really put a price on them for what they are worth that would be great.

Yeah I like the look of those jcoffroad Stage one and the price is right......until I add in the $75 for shipping.:disgust: Are they delivered in a Limo?

thanks for the quick replies. I'll look into the Lizard's 15% off deal too.
Your not getting away from the high shipping.If there anything like the Skink Sliders they are heavy which racks up the shipping cost big time.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I have an older set of AllJ's Boulder Bars that I bought used from a LOST member when he went from KJ to JK. The price was definitely right.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
had AllJs Boulder Bars on for a month, something about them never liked the way they looked, sold them and finally got the ones I wanted when Troy updated, will never sell these.
New ones made by jcroffroad are Ok but I think need more bracing although they get upset if you say that. :shrug:

You get what you pay for in protection :whip:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
had AllJs Boulder Bars on for a month, something about them never liked the way they looked, sold them and finally got the ones I wanted when Troy updated, will never sell these.
New ones made by jcroffroad are Ok but I think need more bracing although they get upset if you say that. :shrug:

You get what you pay for in protection :whip:

After looking at the jcroffroad sliders, I'd have to say that the product from
jcroffroad look rather weak.
If I were to buy a pair, I'd spend my cash on the Rock Lizard brand...
But I have material and equipment now to make my own.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at the jcroffroad sliders, I'd have to say that the product from
jcroffroad look rather weak.
If I were to buy a pair, I'd spend my cash on the Rock Lizard brand...
But I have material and equipment now to make my own.

Haven't seen many Canadians with sliders... other than Renny stockers. Such a pain and expense to ship heavy stuff up here from the USA, it's no wonder. Maybe start a trend and make some RynJen Inc. sliders?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just how much drilling, on average is needed for a set of Skinks or Boulder bars?

monkeyevil

Reaction score
Hey guys, our KJ sliders (JcrOffroad) are based on our XJ design using the same materials. We have many hundreds of sets of XJ sliders (thousands?) on the market and I don't have any data on failure rate because I've never replaced or repaired a set under the lifetime warranty. That doesn't mean a pair hasn't failed in the field, it just means no one has told us about it.

We're confident enough in this design to offer it with our lifetime warranty. If anyone has any questions about design, materials, or even if you want to talk about unicorns, I'm Daryl @ 269-353-1184; or daryl AT jcroffroad.com

13 holes per side for our sliders.