Rock Lizard Fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RexTheShocker

Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Martin from Rock Lizard Fab in the last couple weeks? I have sent him a few emails normally he is right on the ball with a reply. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just keep emailing him every few days
between everything going on he's been busy
He'll get back to you

Snake Rock

Reaction score
Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper

I've been waiting 14 months for my Rear bumper from Rock Lizard Fabrications. Every few months Martin emails with some excuse and says he is getting right on it. The last email 5 months ago said it was almost ready to ship and he wanted my address which I gave him. I have had no reply since. He won't answer the phone or emails. When i first started communicating when I was about to order and pay he replied everyday and now its every few months with an excuse. I just want my bumper that I paid over $2000 for. PayPal won't do anything because its been too long. it was too long a year ago for pay pal to do anything.

Does anyone know Martin H Verburgt? He he a scammer? a drug addict? what is his issue?

I would have started a new thread here but I don't know how to do that

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been waiting 14 months for my Rear bumper from Rock Lizard Fabrications. Every few months Martin emails with some excuse and says he is getting right on it. The last email 5 months ago said it was almost ready to ship and he wanted my address which I gave him. I have had no reply since. He won't answer the phone or emails. When i first started communicating when I was about to order and pay he replied everyday and now its every few months with an excuse. I just want my bumper that I paid over $2000 for. PayPal won't do anything because its been too long. it was too long a year ago for pay pal to do anything.

Unfortunately, you're not the only one this has happened to. If you do some searching, here on LOST Jeeps, you'll get all the background information you could ever want... (popcorn)

Snake Rock

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you're not the only one this has happened to. If you do some searching, here on LOST Jeeps, you'll get all the background information you could ever want... (popcorn)

Not enough information.
What i'd like to know is why has he delivered right on time to some and others he has just pushed aside and ignored.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Again... do your research.

And posting multiple times across the forum will not give better results.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is again.
Your in Canada, isn't there a Law about foreign commerce. I mean there is a Law here for taking money for service or goods not received.
But maybe international Laws are in place to assist you.
But since you posted here I have a funny feeling that Marty will be contacting you. If he does ask him for my 50$
Am I the only one that finds it interesting that Marty was suppose to have SOLD the company?
That was a rhetorical question.

Snake Rock

Reaction score
Again... do your research.

And posting multiple times across the forum will not give better results.

dude i've done plenty of research into this company. I have googled everything there is to know about that company. I have every email and phone number.
they strait up took my money and have not delivered. So now they get publicly bashed.
Did they actually think there would be no reproduction from this.

I just want what I paid for or my money back.

brianawd

Reaction score
dude i've done plenty of research into this company. I have googled everything there is to know about that company. I have every email and phone number.
they strait up took my money and have not delivered. So now they get publicly bashed.

If you have the address of rocklizard then call the authoritys in that area and file a report of theft and fraud. I know a few people that have done that over the years with other company and had good out comes

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now they get publicly bashed.

Good luck in your endeavor.

How many people has this been now? I wonder how many people not on LOST or here that have been duped as well that none of us hear about? ***** seeing this happen time and time again. People should really research online companies before dropping so much coin.

I'm sure he is just really busy. So busy he takes people's money and never gets around to making anything. :manos:

I think it's about time to put a big sticky at the top of the KJ and KK sections stating BUYER BEWARE: GIVE ROCK LIZARD MONEY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Snake Rock

Reaction score
Good luck in your endeavor.

How many people has this been now? I wonder how many people not on LOST or here that have been duped as well that none of us hear about? ***** seeing this happen time and time again. People should really research online companies before dropping so much coin.

I'm sure he is just really busy. So busy he takes people's money and never gets around to making anything. :manos:

I think it's about time to put a big sticky at the top of the KJ and KK sections stating BUYER BEWARE: GIVE ROCK LIZARD MONEY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I know their website is very amateur at best, but after looking for bumpers for quite a while I noticed that it did get updated and I really liked this bumper. I had several email conversations with Martin before sending him money, He got back to me in less than a day each time. He made me feel confident that there would be no problem building it and shipping it out with in the month. After the money was sent it was 3 months with an excuse to reply to many emails then 4 months with an excuse then 3 more months later he said it was almost ready, that was june and still no bumper.

MoD

Reaction score
alright 9 times out of 10 I keep my $.02 worth off of KJ country but this is a subject near and dear to me. I have dropped many of my hard earned dollars Martin's way. Now I am not about to try to sell some line about how every penny spent and every day waited is worth it but I will say where else will you get that quality and determination to expanding the KJ market?
I waited 6 mo plus for my gecko sport basket and that was before the "30 day ship guarantee" and you know what? I sent him more money for more stuff! I know most of you would say I am insane but that rack install was perfect. All of the products are quality and hold up to torture.
before anyone says i am different and I am just saying this because i got my stuff would be wrong. I have been waiting more than 4 months for "30 days shipping". The thing is that i expected the delay when i sent him the money. I am in need of heavy duty quality products and eventually Rock Lizard provides them.
I mean look at all the products he has created and are copied or just plain cant get anywhere else. Who else has KJ half doors? who else had 3 options for roof baskets? When all of us think of sliders we compare anything else on the market to the super skinks. How many steel rear bumpers are there on the market?

I am waiting right along with everyone else and i get maybe an email a month as to why they are late along with everyone else. The thing is the market is small enough for KJ products let's not run one of the few still making NEW products out of business. I am not saying roll over and take it, I am saying know the wait and if it isnt worth it go someplace else :p

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just ordered some Super Skinks a few weeks ago, apparently they are done and should ship today or tomorrow. So far I'm satisfied with communication.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quality ? I don't have it with my super skinks.
And the fact that some people get there stuff fast just adds ammo to poor business practice.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quality ? I don't have it with my super skinks.
And the fact that some people get there stuff fast just adds ammo to poor business practice.
I know the story behind your experience.Guess contacting about fitment issues wasn't in the cards? Or the fact your sliders where built identical to all other KK sliders and no one else had a issue,built on the same jig,even the same jig as the KJ's sliders.

I remember one other fitment issue but with a rear bumper and the customer neglected(and then lied about) having been rear ended.Bad mouthed also till the truth came out then he just disappeared.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You do Wow!
Do I have to go back and pull all my phone and email records for proof to someone Who was not involved. Or how about everyone who has had issues. Do you know The Facts for them too.
And I believe I have posted picture but you'd know I mean it's been what 3-4 , 5 years ago.
Knock yourself out .
The FACtS of my RL
I payed was promised product waited told product shipped and still waited . When I got the product Poor fit. And promise of 50$ never received.
So do you want to argue with FACTS?

This thread is about somebody paying for goods and services not received. That could be called commerce Fraud.
Defend away.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
There's still an admin on LOST waiting over 4 years now for a $400 refund... and has received nothing but excuses and false promises. And others still waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

It's these things that I am getting at when I suggest the OP to do some research about RL's business "practices" - meaning, the OP certainly is not the only one who has had issues.