RL Gecko Basket not lining up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes are not lining up at all!!!
What to do?

if it is painted or bare metal modify whatever you need to in order to make it work, just be sure to repaint any area you drill or cut to make sure it doesnt rust the first time it gets wet, if its powdercoated on the other hand contact rock lizard and see about gettin an exchange or if its something you could just exchange small parts (suck as a mounting bracket) do that, pics would be helpful for anyone who might have had a similar problem, hope this is of some help

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since that rack was made on a jig with my roof measurments there seems to be some years of KJ's that the holes are not in the rights spots.Mine lined up perfectly,hence where the jig was made from.If your KJ was wrecked that will make the holes not line up if it slightly shifted the uniframe also.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i just bore out the holes on the rack?

also, my paint is chipping off, just when hitting with wrench.
I use the wire wheel on a drill, cleaned with mineral spirits, then self-etching rustoleum, then textured rustoleum....

ayeohellsucks

Reaction score
The holes on my rack didn't line up either. Ended up boring out all the holes and using a bigger washer on the bolts to cover the holes..

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tj since you are most helpful...
with my painting... used wire wheel to scuff it all up, then mineral spirited everything, then wiped clean with a new rag, then rustoleum self-etching paint, then rustoleum textured, will the paint still nick off when hit, and leave the primer showing?

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so guys at napa said it'd be cheaper to use caulking from lowes... is this true? I am still going to use rtv... if I remove the bolts do I need to take all the old rtv out to put new in, or just put new in over old?

Thanks!