Retained acc power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do newer Liberty's (05-07) have retained acct power? Would like to add it to my 02 but I don't really see anything looking through wiring diagrams at work.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retained accessory power?

Yep, my '05 does until you open the door.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retained accessory power?

Yep, my '05 does until you open the door.

It must be programed into the BCM as I can't find a dedicated relay for it as in some other cars. Wonder if the dealer car program it in.....

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
ACC power is a separate connection inside of the KJ ignition switch, that allows power to radio and wipers etc.
60347[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• sG1AYl1.jpg
    sG1AYl1.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2010 Liberty doesn't have the ACC switch position on the ignition either. I leave the key in the on-run position for this. Weird I know but somewhere down the line they eliminated this. I can't even rotate the key counter clockwise after the off position.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACC power is a separate connection inside of the KJ ignition switch, that allows power to radio and wipers etc.
60371[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Retained accy power keeps the radio and the windows powered up after you take the key out of the ignition.

Attachments

• sG1AYl1.jpg
    sG1AYl1.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My 05 does that...I thought pretty much every vehicle made in the past 20 years did.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retained accy power keeps the radio and the windows powered up after you take the key out of the ignition.

Only GM's,some Nissan's(that still use keys),and a much newer Ford's and Chrysler's have that,otherwise you must turn the key back one notch for ACC power.

I kill 2-3 batteries a week because of that stupid feature at work since I always have the drivers window rolled down and reach through to turn on/off the ignition totally forgetting I have to open then close the door for the ACC power to shut off.

Can't tell you how many GM,toyota,honda,and nissan inner door handles I've broken since they can't open the door from the inside if the door is locked.Major safety hazard,I can understand rear doors but not front doors.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh wait I thought he meant it retained power after just turning it off, key still in ignition. Oops.