Remtoe starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an after market one installed? What do you recommend?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I do, but it was installed when I bought my jeep... no clue as to what kind it is even. But it sure does come in handy this time of the year! :D

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been considering getting one myself. I read a thread on here about DEI bypasses so you don't have to lose a key to the system. However, I'm still fighting with my dealer for my second key because they "lost" the second one a couple of days before I took delivery of my Jeep. Once I get the second key I plan on getting a remote starter. Maybe I'll wait until the summer and I'll be able to get a better deal on one.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a DEI 562T in mine and I love it. Installed it a couple of years ago. I got the bypass box so I don't have a key tied up in the system.

I actually hated the Key/fob combo crap on my 2007, so I picked up a grey-headed Sentry key and use the remote starter remote with it. So, I have 2 spares :)

Also, with the DEI unit you can wire it up so that you can use your OEM fob if you wished....you'd have to hit the lock button two or three times (user preference) and it could trigger a start.

It's certainly doable if you're interested in doing it yourself, but it's not simple by any means.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is a "Remtoe"?:D

In my old car (05 f150, auto ******) I had a code alarm CA670 and it worked great 99% of the time but maybe once every two months I would have to press the button on the remote to arm/disarm the alarm maybe 30 times. Other than that it was great.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend a Astro Start remote starter,have had mine in for almost 8 years with no issues at all.It's not a DIY type of kit either,no install instructions at all,you have to be a authorized installer/dealer to get the install instructions that are vehicle specific.

Latest posts

Members online