Reliable site to buy Jeep OEM Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone-

It's been a while since I posted last. I have the 2006 KJ Limited with the 17" charcoal-spoke wheels. I was thinking about getting another (possibly identical) set of wheels in order to mount a set of winter tires on it for the winter season while keeping the original wheels & tires from the factory as a summer driving tire. I have a few questions that I'd like to get some of your input on:

1) Should I look for the 16 or 17 inch alloy wheel? I really like the 17's that came from the factory, and I think I would like to get the same style.

2) Should I order 4 wheels and tires (using one of the originals as the spare) or 5?

3) Which winter tires would you order? I think I saw a set of 17 inch Michelin's that looked good on tirerack.

4) Do any of you know any reliable web sites to order Jeep OEM wheels?

Thanks for any input!

Andy

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get some 16" or 17" steel rims and save a couple of hundred dollars,OEM alloy rims are like $200-$300 apiece new.If your just going to run them in the winter the steel rims will hold up better if salt is used,and hold up better for sliding into curbs.A set of Unique Steel seris 297(soft 8 style) steel rims in a 16x7 size are $50 a Discount tires.

Well that's what I would do myself though.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get some 16" or 17" steel rims and save a couple of hundred dollars,OEM alloy rims are like $200-$300 apiece new.If your just going to run them in the winter the steel rims will hold up better if salt is used,and hold up better for sliding into curbs.A set of Unique Steel seris 297(soft 8 style) steel rims in a 16x7 size are $50 a Discount tires.

Well that's what I would do myself though.

I agree completely, to go buy a new set of 17" or even 16" alloys to run only in winter just isn't practical. I understand that you'd still want it to look nice, but hey, it's wintertime.

jeepgirl0385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else, I would go for a set of 16" steel rims (black looks really good) for the winter tires. Salt is bad for the painted rims (I have the graphite ones on my Freedom Edition). By going 16" you also will save money and tires, and have a wider selection. The 17" size *****...you can't find anything decent. Then you will be able to have your nice set for the summer, and a cheap set for the winter that you won't have to worry about.

Going with a set of 16" steel rims is something I will be doing once I get some money!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 17" factory OEM ones and like them (they look good) but I do not like the 17" size. None of the best tires are made in the 235/65/17 size.

If you are going to change the rims anyway, consider a 16" black steel rim and then look at your tire choices. If you do that, you will need 5 rims and tires. But the steel rims will look good and be waaaaay cheaper.You will have to also deal with the TPM system if you have it.

Dave