Regearing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trazman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have lifted my libby with OME lift kit and mounted BFG all terrain 245/75r16 tyres...
Here where I live, we have a lot of hills so I can feel the loose of power and less mpg...
Do you suggest to regear if so what do you suggest?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If i understand right i have to change front an rear gears?
What is the cost of this?

:icon_neutral:
Yes you have to do front and rear unless you don't like your transfer case
expect 1200-1500 or so gears labor etc
or find a 4 cylinder front diff in good shape, swap it in yourself and have someone do the rears for you

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're in Europe it may be easier to do as Tom said and find a front diff from a wrecked CRD (which has 4.10 gears.) The rear diff will be expensive if done properly. The new gears must be setup correctly or they will destroy themselves in short order.

Bob

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're in Europe it may be easier to do as Tom said and find a front diff from a wrecked 2.5 CRD (which has 4.10 gears.) The rear diff will be expensive if done properly. The new gears must be setup correctly or they will destroy themselves in short order.

Bob
Fixed it for you.the 2.8 CRD's all got 3.73's regardless,only the 2.5 non-turbo CRD's got the 4.10's.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.