Recommendations on a 2.5in lift for an 03 limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahschultz

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good 2.5 inch lift for my 03 limited that won't cost me a fortune. What do you guys recommend for brands? Leave your suggestions or links for me please. Thanks

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME/JBA Only. Anything else and you're gonna have a bad time.

You must be registered for see images attach

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is going to tell you ome. First off how much sag do you have? Measure from center wheel to bottom of fender. Should be 19 inches. If below 19 inches you need shocks and springs alll the way around. If its saged bad. Siting say at 17.5 inches. Just replaceing with new will give you an 1.5 inch lift. What do all your front end bushings look like? How are you ball joints and tie rod ends? Spring or spacer? If shocks and springs need replaced spend the little extra for a spring lift. If your sitting good at 19 inches it's your call. Some say the spring lift ride better. I've rode in mine with worn out suspension and the replaced with moog springs and monroe shocks. It rides like new. I've also lifted it with a clevis lift, for 1 inch. top plate for .75 inches and a set of kk clevis's of another inch. 2.75 total Then a couple of extra ISO pads above the rear coil springs on both sides along with an 1 inch spacer on the bottom It rides the exact same . Total cost sence I already had the new shocks and springs under 200.00. if you count the shocks and springs. Add 300. so 500 on this lift.
So I'm at 2.75 inches lift running 265/70 16s
Good luck
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ironman is good.
I have ome/bilstein tho.
Ome927, bilstein 4600/ome shock(you dont need longer shock on front) 2.5"
Ome948, shocks on dodge dakota 99-03/ome shock.
(I have bilstein 5100 for 4" lift) 2.5"
Its a lot easier to get it from jbaoffroad lol.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good 2.5 inch lift for my 03 limited that won't cost me a fortune. What do you guys recommend for brands? Leave your suggestions or links for me please. Thanks

OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
OME SHOCKS
TERAFLEX BUMPSTOPS FOR THE FRONT
4 hockey pucks , 2 per side bolted down to spring perch for rear bumpstops
Done
Www.jeepinbyal.com

Is it the cheapest, well no, but it is the best setup in the lower price range and have personally ran those springs 100,000 miles on my 04 before i upgraded

Last edited:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
OME SHOCKS
Done
Www.jeepinbyal.com

Is it the cheapest, well no, but it is the best setup in the lower price range and have personally ran those springs 100,000 miles on my 04 before i upgraded

Makes sense to add Clevises to front and isolator rings to rear to this configuration or that'll force me to also replace UCAs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Makes sense to add Clevises to front and isolator rings to rear to this configuration or that'll force me to also replace UCAs?

If you just go to 3 inches of lift then no issues,
example OME 927s in front with 1/4 inch top plate will put you at 3 inches
rear one extra upper iso on each side and it will sit level
Check your UBJs though since the 03 I picked up last fall with only 81,000 miles the UBJs were bad

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you check it? Do you mean dry/cracked ball joints?
Will greasing it help?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you check it? Do you mean dry/cracked ball joints?
Will greasing it help?

Basically jack up the front end so the wheel is off the ground then grab the top of the wheel and move it in and out. You should be able to see of there is any play. You can also put a jack under the lower control arm (with the Jeep resting on jack stands) and have someone move the lower control arm up and down. You may be able to see play in the ball joint that way as well.

The factory upper ball joints are not greaseable.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
On the 03 both boots on the UBJs were dry rotted away, joints were somewhat tight but bots were gone

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically jack up the front end so the wheel is off the ground then grab the top of the wheel and move it in and out. You should be able to see of there is any play. You can also put a jack under the lower control arm (with the Jeep resting on jack stands) and have someone move the lower control arm up and down. You may be able to see play in the ball joint that way as well.

The factory upper ball joints are not greaseable.

Bob

And I want to have absolutely zero play?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Ball joints should have no play in them - at least the uppers. The lower ball joint will have a LITTLE vertical play - but I do mean a little. Uppers you shouldn't see or feel any movement at all.

Bob

Hobby_4x4er

Reaction score
OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
OME SHOCKS
Done
JeepinByAl

tommudd, So you don't need new struts up front? Originals will work? Thanks!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You replace all four shocks when you replace the springs. Do NOT keep the original shocks in place when you put in new springs. You're not saving any work by replacing the springs only anyways - the entire shock assembly is taken apart to install the spring so just use a new shock when you put it back together.

The new springs will overwhelm old shocks - do it all new or don't do it at all.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Yes I posted OME shocks , which means all 4 since we do not have struts up front
Manufactures use struts as a generic term but in reality we have shocks all around