Rear Wiper. What a hassle!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you're talking about but it doesn't jam or get stuck or anything just doesn't give a good edge because theres not enough pressure on the ends of the blade

im talking about the rubber thing on the door that the wiper arm rests on while in the off position. the 12in blade just misses it and i cant see how 13in blade would work without hitt ing it. look at one my post on page 1 with the picture. you will know what im talking about then.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's outlandish.....I got the Mopar one from the dealer last year and it was $10 and change. I wouldn't pay that much for a rear blade either.

Dave

i never buy any thing from the dealer unless im in the corner.. they wanted $176 for my oem silver molded tire cover. i got it online for $98 with shipping included.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never buy any thing from the dealer unless im in the corner.. they wanted $176 for my oem silver molded tire cover. i got it online for $98 with shipping included.

Yea, some things you just can't get at the dealer at a reasonable price.

But I know 2 of the tech's and the parts guy and the service manager there and get a shop discount so some things I can get there pretty reasonable and it is also a Mopar part. Even if I want something they don't have they get it the next day on the parts truck and no shipping charges. My skids and hooks were cheaper than on-line even and I got them the next day, nutzerts and all. No shipping charges since they just come in the next day with the daily parts truck delivery from the warehouse. I always check the dealer price first before I go looking for stuff. That way I know the prices for Mopar and aftermarket and can decide. I didn't think $10 for the wiper was out of line especially when I couldn't find one anywhere.

Dave

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
im talking about the rubber thing on the door that the wiper arm rests on while in the off position. the 12in blade just misses it and i cant see how 13in blade would work without hitt ing it. look at one my post on page 1 with the picture. you will know what im talking about then.

Oh yeah it hits it but it just flex's the wiper it doesn't get caught or anything...
You must be registered for see images

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it hits it but it just flex's the wiper it doesn't get caught or anything...
You must be registered for see images

Thats not bad. I though the 13in blade would go up and over it b/c of the extra 1/2 inch on that side. The 12ch in blade just misses it with a Millimeter to spare

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, some things you just can't get at the dealer at a reasonable price.

But I know 2 of the tech's and the parts guy and the service manager there and get a shop discount so some things I can get there pretty reasonable and it is also a Mopar part. Even if I want something they don't have they get it the next day on the parts truck and no shipping charges. My skids and hooks were cheaper than on-line even and I got them the next day, nutzerts and all. No shipping charges since they just come in the next day with the daily parts truck delivery from the warehouse. I always check the dealer price first before I go looking for stuff. That way I know the prices for Mopar and aftermarket and can decide. I didn't think $10 for the wiper was out of line especially when I couldn't find one anywhere.

Dave
I think the most i would pay is $10. b/c as you said thats not too bad.

THats awesome to get parts like that.... ummm I really got nothing to match that deal... Well my father is a truck drive and he brings home safety glasses and beef jerky from companies he delievers too lol The safety glasses really come in handy though b/c there is always a pair when we need one :D

847jeffl

Reaction score
I ran into the problem of tracking a replacement down about a year and a half ago and wound up going to a dealer and buying an OEM.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's really weird. I had absolutely no trouble finding the wiper here in AZ. Went into the first Checker I passed, and they had all three blades for the Jeep. It seems like the majority of people have a really difficult time finding it.