Rear Wiper. What a hassle!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed a new Rear wiper. I went to Pepboys, Auto Zone, Walmart and A&A Auto.

Pepboys, Autozone and walmart had the KJ listed as an 11 inch wiper for the rear which is the correct size. but of couse They don't carry that size. I was starting to pull my Hair out b/c all I wanted was F'in wiper.

So I go to A&A Auto. They have the rear wiper for the 02-07 KJ and it's listed a 12inch wiper. :confused: It was a 2009 book that has it listed. I even went to another local Auto store down the street from there and they also had it listed as a 12 inch wiper for the KJ.

I bought the 12inch Anco wiper from A&A b/c It was that wiper or no wiper since mine was still oem and shot. It works pretty well actually. It's a pefect fit. It goes right from end to end when it's turned off and in the "storage area" of the wiper

My thing is if the oem is 11inches. Why would some after factory companies have a 12 inch blade listed?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kj may be one of just a few that uses the 11" wiper so they said, hey, lets tell people it takes a 12" since a bunch of other 'cars' use that size.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I had trouble finding one also. Went to the dealer and got it for $10.

Interesting to note that a 12" wiper blade will work. I guess that will be my next one.

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I had trouble finding one also. Went to the dealer and got it for $10.

Interesting to note that a 12" wiper blade will work. I guess that will be my next one.

Dave

Can't go any bigger though b/c It won't sit inside storage area.
Click on the picture below. It's a picture of the 11inch blade but I put red Lines to where he 12inch blade extends too.

You must be registered for see images

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this - I need to replace mine as well. Was going to do it last winter, but couldn't find the 11" one. Looks like I'll pick up the 12" instead.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always found the MOPAR rear wiper blade to be the perfect fit and at $11.00 you can't beat the price and time saved trying to find a similar unit that almost works.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My autozone stocks the 11 inch, of course you have to look everytime you go in there because they sell quicker than they get reordered. My 72 VW beetle takes them as well so I try to keep some on hand even if I have to order them

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this was a pretty handy topic to come across. I was looking for a rear wiper just the other night at Walmart, but I ran into the same situation with the lack of an 11 inch one in stock. I used some little computer thing the store had to find the measurement, and that too said 11". I'm running to advance auto tomorrow though to see if they have it, and now if they don't, I know I can take the 12" instead =D

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this - I need to replace mine as well. Was going to do it last winter, but couldn't find the 11" one. Looks like I'll pick up the 12" instead.

Hey No problem. The one I got is An ANCO 12inch from A&A Auto. Don't have the part number sorry. I think I paid $5.80 for it. I notice though not many stores Carry Blades below 13.

I have always found the MOPAR rear wiper blade to be the perfect fit and at $11.00 you can't beat the price and time saved trying to find a similar unit that almost works.

True. but my dealership has the mopar 11inch for $19.95 and I'm not about to spend $20 bucks a single wiper. Specially for the back window. I save the money for a better pair of wipers for the windshield. Mostly b/c they get more abuse then the rear.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, my front wipers need replacing almost once a year. Right now they are starting to tear apart.

Rear wiper is still the wiper that came on the Jeep and its doing just fine at 5 years.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I was at a freight liquidation store and they were selling AC Delco Winter wiper blades for $1.00 each. They had a total of 3 11 inch winter wiper blades in stock. Needless to say I bought them!
I also picked up 1 20 inch wiper refill (rubber blade only) for one dollar. When I got home I cut it in half and fit one peice to the stock rear wiper, that and I have a spare for down the road. All that for $4.00!

Last edited:

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at a freight liquidation store and they were selling AC Delco Winter wiper blades for $1.00 each. They had a total of 3 10 inch winter wiper blades in stock. Needless to say I bought them!
I also picked up 1 20 inch wiper refill (rubber blade only) for one dollar. When I got home I cut it in half and fit one peice to the stock rear wiper, that and I have a spare for down the road. All that for $4.00!

Not bad at all. Everytime I try to install a blade refill I break the whole damn thing. So I gave up on them lol

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I had this same problem and the smallest I could find at walmart was a 13" so I bought it it works alright theres not enough pressure on the ends to get a good sweep but fits in the storage area fine. The week after I bought it I found an 11" in AutoZone but oh well...

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem and the smallest I could find at walmart was a 13" so I bought it it works alright theres not enough pressure on the ends to get a good sweep but fits in the storage area fine. The week after I bought it I found an 11" in AutoZone but oh well...

Doesn't the 13inch blade get stuck or jam on the Rubber stop thats on the door for the wiper?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Be carful installing it. On our Durango I went to install it and had the wiper off on there was just the arm and I bumped it by accident and it hit the windshield and put about 6 6" cracks:eek: in right before a road trip. If it does happed, Safelite is great.

trailman

Reaction score
The last time I couldn't find an 11 inch blade, I bought the cheapest one they had (don't remember what size) and clipped it with a pair of dikes to fit. Problem solved.

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Doesn't the 13inch blade get stuck or jam on the Rubber stop thats on the door for the wiper?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about but it doesn't jam or get stuck or anything just doesn't give a good edge because theres not enough pressure on the ends of the blade

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey No problem. The one I got is An ANCO 12inch from A&A Auto. Don't have the part number sorry. I think I paid $5.80 for it. I notice though not many stores Carry Blades below 13.

True. but my dealership has the mopar 11inch for $19.95 and I'm not about to spend $20 bucks a single wiper. Specially for the back window. I save the money for a better pair of wipers for the windshield. Mostly b/c they get more abuse then the rear.

That's outlandish.....I got the Mopar one from the dealer last year and it was $10 and change. I wouldn't pay that much for a rear blade either.

Dave