rear windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eko

Reaction score
HELP!!!

W/ NO prior sign of a rust/ water problem, one of the rear windshield hydraulic lift arms broke away from glass ( due to rust or corrosion of the metal part that is glued to the glass)

... That small metal part (perhaps $5. value) can NOT be separately ordered/ replaced by the mechanics!!!!

-- so the local dealership states that the entire windshield apparatus & both lift arms must be ordered ---upwards of $1K in cost!!!!

ANY other Liberty owner have such a "problem"? .... ANY SOLUTION < $1K?

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea. I'd call my car insurance and see if it's covered under their glass policy. A lot of insurance companies have 0 deductible on glass.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd ask a new dealer, as from what i can tell from this illustration, you can order the bracket seperately, and you certainly don't need to order 2 new struts if your's aren't bad. Sounds like they're trying to make a quick buck.

I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time. Anyone else wanna chime in?

You must be registered for see images

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're full of crap and everyone knows it. 95% of parts they say can't be ordered by themselves, can. They're either too lazy to look hard for the part number because it is not immediately visible in a diagram, or want to con people into buying a large part. They said the joystick on the REC Navigation units could not be replaced and did not have a part number (which made a lot more sense than this) but it can. Every little thing in that car has a part number, somewhere.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if the ballstud came of the glass it will never stay on again(or for very long),tried on other vehicles before with the special glue but they would never hold.That strut places alot of pressure on that mount so it's better to get another rear glass from a junk yard or order one.I'd stay away from the dealer though,that factory glass with the defrost is very pricy,better to get a aftermarket one by PPG glass.

eko

Reaction score
how to -- rear window

thanx for courtesy of all replies & esp. for incl. the parts diagram --

indeed, my "BS" meter was on high alarm when dealer service stated NO individual parts replacement other than entire unit.

Yes I can see that the adhesive to the glass may not work w/hydraulic lifts --so I am seeking an alternative source to dealer/factory.... I'm just now re-located from New England to Florida NE coast --so, no local area glass shops known.

what's PPG glass?

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It rusted apart right? Uhh...don't all jeeps have a pretty freaking long rust warranty?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PPG makes everything, and my stock is thankful. On another note, thanks a lot all you fat...butts for giving up Krispy Kreme. However, since I bought on the IPO back in 2000 and it split twice in a matter of months, I sold while it was at a high and made a beautiful profit...which I reinvested in the KO shares I sold off to go all in on the KREM IPO.

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eko said:
HELP!!!

W/ NO prior sign of a rust/ water problem, one of the rear windshield hydraulic lift arms broke away from glass ( due to rust or corrosion of the metal part that is glued to the glass)

... That small metal part (perhaps $5. value) can NOT be separately ordered/ replaced by the mechanics!!!!

-- so the local dealership states that the entire windshield apparatus & both lift arms must be ordered ---upwards of $1K in cost!!!!

ANY other Liberty owner have such a "problem"? .... ANY SOLUTION < $1K?

Try this site it Chrysler direct parts.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...=2005&graphicID=WD02560&callout=1&catalogid=2