Rear UCA is shot, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that 'ball joint' isn't the one you end up receiving...
The part number is right, but the picture...

Yea, I never saw this sleeve thingie, received just a ball joint and a bolt.. Hopefully it won't be a PITA to put it back onto the plate.

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worth it
Here is what happens when lifted
Tri link is put on a bind pointing downward
If you are lifted and take the tri link loose in the back it will come up about 2-3 inches depending on amount of lift . ( with just two front bolts holding it. )
It helps

Tom, question, after installing the JBA Y link extension part - will my rear get raised a bit more? Logic says no since it'll realign the UCA but you never know with those jeeps, maybe even just 0.25-0.5"?

If so, second question: Will it be wise if I add 1-2 more conduit nuts in the front fork to level it (currently have just 1 conduit, still stock UCAs..)

Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, question, after installing the JBA Y link extension part - will my rear get raised a bit more? Logic says no since it'll realign the UCA but you never know with those jeeps, maybe even just 0.25-0.5"?

If so, second question: Will it be wise if I add 1-2 more conduit nuts in the front fork to level it (currently have just 1 conduit, still stock UCAs..)

Thanks!

If its on a bind then yes it could allow it to come up a little bit. Not sure how much though

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its on a bind then yes it could allow it to come up a little bit. Not sure how much though

Interesting. I'll measure before and after.

I guess this measured difference would be my answer regarding adding conduit nuts in front fork.

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding UCA issues and JBA extensions when having a lift, Am I close enough to stock with just an OME shock/coil replacement that I won't have these problems and need the JBA extensions?

I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the OME threads.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding UCA issues and JBA extensions when having a lift, Am I close enough to stock with just an OME shock/coil replacement that I won't have these problems and need the JBA extensions?

I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the OME threads.

So you're at 2.5 inches then? Nothing extra ? If so then its not a big problem, somewhat on a bind but not as bad as 3-3.5 , 4 etc.
But at 2.5 inches on the 03 I am running the JBA bolt on

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You won't know for sure till you have the lift in for a while... and go thru a UCA bushing change or two.

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're at 2.5 inches then? Nothing extra ? If so then its not a big problem, somewhat on a bind but not as bad as 3-3.5 , 4 etc.
But at 2.5 inches on the 03 I am running the JBA bolt on

I assume 2.5 max. Still in middle of install. I got the 2nd to last set of 132L's in my OME coil/shock set from All J's. If u recall u emailed them. I bought 1 of the 2 last sets. Rear is done. Front is dissembled. Still need to swap and reinstall.

All J said should be ok with stock back. Never has experienced a problem.

I also have a second question since we are discussing bushings. I assume Mopar the only path for front bushings as well? With 255K I thought I might replace them but everything looks solid and not anxious to take off the LCA to press on the bushing the clevis bolts through. I assume that has to be disassembled to pressed on.

Obviously the down links are an easy replacement. They look good too. All is original as far as I recall and the only wear point I see are the center bushings on the sway bar that I will probably replace while the down links are unbolted.

Last edited: