Rear UCA help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biff

Reaction score
Hello guys, I bought what I assumed was a nos Mopar rear UCA from the Jeep Chrysler store in the UK. I sent them the mopar part number and they sent me a “ NTY SCA KJ 005A. B1BB1J2” ….. anybody know anything these?…. A bit bummed

Attachments

• 9DDBF567-1F90-4C47-BB9B-0271E6D0413B.png
    9DDBF567-1F90-4C47-BB9B-0271E6D0413B.png
    621.1 KB · Views: 9

sleazy rider

Retired moto tech and gearhead
Reaction score
Your seller nowhere specifies it as MOPAR part. Listing does say it's an NTY part. They offer returns if you pay the freight. That said, the seller has over a 99% satisfaction rating, so personally? I'd install it, but I'm a glutton for reworks.

Reactions: JRB

Biff

Reaction score
I didn’t read the ad that much as I was relying on our text conversations. I sent them a text with the mopar part number and they sent the attachment to this ad, the whole conversation and purchase took minutes. Im a retired CDJ guy and we never sold aftermarket parts so seeing their positive feedback and knowing their a certified Chrysler dealership I never considered this being aftermarket …. I know it’s on me just wondering if anybody knew anything about these parts….

Biff

Reaction score
I didn’t read the ad that much as I was relying on our text conversations. I sent them a text with the mopar part number and they sent the attachment to this ad, the whole conversation and purchase took minutes. Im a retired CDJ guy and we never sold aftermarket parts so seeing their positive feedback and knowing their a certified Chrysler dealership I never considered this being aftermarket …. I know it’s on me just wondering if anybody knew anything about these parts….

Biff

Reaction score
I also spoke with Jeep in regards to the UCA situation and they recommended getting one from a junkyard and having it installed at a local dealership them submitt for partial reimbursement???…
Bigger question is if these are so hard to come by and Mopar is the best game in town why aren’t they being put on eBay by junk yards?….

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed mine yesterday to replace with Iron Rock Offroad's. I replaced ball joint and bushings many moons ago with moog and they still seem OK. I'd let you have it cheap. I'm in eastern Idaho, Boise area. (Edit; western Idaho)

Last edited:

Biff

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and offer, how much?…. I may get and keep them both. They’re saying they’ve had good experience with the NTY and it comes with a 12 month warranty…. They also agreed that our conversation could have gone better and offered a 100% refund, including shipping if I wanted to return…. Couldn’t ask for anything more

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a cheap ebay one on mine, when the joints go again I'm going to try some of these Polish bushes.
You must be registered for see images attach

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and offer, how much?…. I may get and keep them both. They’re saying they’ve had good experience with the NTY and it comes with a 12 month warranty…. They also agreed that our conversation could have gone better and offered a 100% refund, including shipping if I wanted to return…. Couldn’t ask for anything more
$30-$40 depending o if you want the ball joint to axle braket too. Unless you're within driving distance it probably wouldn't be worth it as shipping would likely be pretty wild.

Biff

Reaction score
Agree on the shipping. I’m going to install this one I have and hope for the best. The supplied bolts are missing, assuming it’s ok to use my existing bolts?…. Thanks!!!…. I’m really not that much of a “Dork”, actually quite ingenious at times…. Lol, I’ll post some pics

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on the shipping. I’m going to install this one I have and hope for the best. The supplied bolts are missing, assuming it’s ok to use my existing bolts?…. Thanks!!!…. I’m really not that much of a “Dork”, actually quite ingenious at times…. Lol, I’ll post some pics
If you’re near a Chrysler dealership, you can likely get new bolts there. Mine has had all the fasteners I’ve gone looking for.