Rear UCA is shot, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
works well for me too, Went through 2 tri links in one year, I had to adjust it a couple of times for the correct angle -now it sits level without all the stress it had after being lifted.

Found a great condition Mopar tri - link online from out west for 60 dollars shipped.

Did i read that correctly??? Adjusting the bolt on the axle will fix the angle? Any chances of it coming loose??

islandLifeGu

IslanderGU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna do this... by any chance you know the diameter of the washer? I have a 2.5" lift and i can see that it has a bit of an angle[emoji848]

islandLifeGu

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think im gonna do this... by any chance you know the diameter of the washer? I have a 2.5" lift and i can see that it has a bit of an angle[emoji848]

islandLifeGu

Unfortunately I sold the unit and included the extra washers I bought so no, I do not. Sorry!

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Ordered a Moog UCA from Amazon!

I took a good look at my UCA today and noticed the ball joint was rotted on top like it was about to pop a hole through the top. 1 bushing looked oval, so out it will go! 150k miles is enough!

I might clean it up and replace/rebuild all the components with Mopar ones. Sell it on ebay for $400 as a Mopar Referb. :ehcapt:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Ordered a Moog UCA from Amazon!

I took a good look at my UCA today and noticed the ball joint was rotted on top like it was about to pop a hole through the top. 1 bushing looked oval, so out it will go! 150k miles is enough!

I might clean it up and replace/rebuild all the components with Mopar ones. Sell it on ebay for $400 as a Mopar Referb. :ehcapt:

Unfortunately the complete assembly UCA from Moog is from their "RK-series", as they call it "Value-driven" - which basically means: cheapest Chinese crap you can find with Moog sticker on it.

This is the reason I bought the bushings and BJ separately from the "Problem Solver" series - which are high quality, "real" Moog parts.

Read here: Moog Control Arms: CK, K, or RK? - Suspension.com

Think twice before you install it, especially if you gonna pay for the labor (probably x2-x3 the part)

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the complete assembly UCA from Moog is from their "RK-series", as they call it "Value-driven" - which basically means: cheapest Chinese crap you can find with Moog sticker on it.

This is the reason I bought the bushings and BJ separately from the "Problem Solver" series - which are high quality, "real" Moog parts.

Read here: Moog Control Arms: CK, K, or RK? - Suspension.com

Think twice before you install it, especially if you gonna pay for the labor (probably x2-x3 the part)

Thanks, im the labor. I have about 40yrs with moog parts. Ill let you know how it goes. The boomerang is rusty so Id like a new one installed anyways(Im eastcoast). I can fix the old one if its still usable.

Do you have the part #s for the PS components?
....and are there any aftermarket replacement bolts? as $6 a bolt is a bit much!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, im the labor. I have about 40yrs with moog parts. Ill let you know how it goes. The boomerang is rusty so Id like a new one installed anyways(Im eastcoast). I can fix the old one if its still usable.

Do you have the part #s for the PS components?
....and are there any aftermarket replacement bolts? as $6 a bolt is a bit much!

Just buy from Mopar, correct ones, cheap is expensive for this sort of thing

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just buy from Mopar, correct ones, cheap is expensive for this sort of thing

Oh Great!

PART NUMBER 6504748 HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED
(SCREW. Mounting, Upper. Hex Flange Head. M12x1.75x117. Part Number: 06504748 Control Arm to Body, Control Arm to Body Mounting, Rear Upper Control Arm to Body, UCA to Axle Body, UCA to Body.):favorites68:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Great!

PART NUMBER 6504748 HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED
(SCREW. Mounting, Upper. Hex Flange Head. M12x1.75x117. Part Number: 06504748 Control Arm to Body, Control Arm to Body Mounting, Rear Upper Control Arm to Body, UCA to Axle Body, UCA to Body.):favorites68:

here https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com...Body--UCA-to-Axle-Body-/6912159/06504748.html

and here SCREW. Mounting, Upper. Hex Flange Head. M12x1.75x117 for Jeep. #06504748

or here http://www.mymoparparts.com/oe-mopar/6504748

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't break one yet. I don't want to wait n see if PA & NYC rust did it's thing yet

Last edited:

mindbomb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey J33
The moog BJ came with a new bolt. Here're the part numbers. Got everything from Amazon

You must be registered for see images attach

Bushings

Soak the bolts in some blaster if horribly rusted. Don't forget to add a JBA Y link extension between the BJ and the rear diff if lifted. That's what I plan to do next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey J33
The moog BJ came with a new bolt. Here're the part numbers. Got everything from Amazon

Bushings

Soak the bolts in some blaster if horribly rusted. Don't forget to add a JBA Y link extension between the BJ and the rear diff if lifted. That's what I plan to do next weekend.

Hopefully that 'ball joint' isn't the one you end up receiving...
The part number is right, but the picture...

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey J33

Bushings

He's referring to the bolts that go through the bushings.

Luckily mine were easy to get out and I'm in north NJ. Lots of salt dropped here. Of course I wash under the Jeep periodically so rust isn't exactly a problem down there.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey J33

Bushings

Thanks! only problem is the Moog ball joint nut & bolt is not a Mopar OEM part .. :signs8:

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anybody know what the torque specs are the the REAR UCA BOLTS?

Members online

No members online now.