Rear iso spacers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to work today but as of ten minutes ago,not anymore. I have two spacers that came with the Frankenlift which I have not installed. I'm going downstairs to sacrafice some UHMW cutting boards with hole saws. I know it's not going to hurt anything but has anyone used cuttingboard spacers? I will measure now but I'm hoping for about an inch+ in the back. The Allj spacers are around 1/2-5/8's.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've used 1/4 inch thick cutting boards for a top plate in the front ( just to prove to some it would indeed work :icon_twisted: ) and it worked great so not sure why it wouldn't for the rear.
Making upper or lower ones?
Most say you can only use uppers but as long as you have bumpstops you can install 1/4 to 3/8 on the bottom as well
Have done that as well
I'm using custom made uppers right now out of very heavy duty rubber something or other that someone made for me.
Heck treated plywood would work as well if you had to use it!
So in other words GO FOR IT!!

waywardtravel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was for the uppers in my head but after looking closer I think it would be much more correct to measure three times and turn some spacers on the lathe. The bottom didn't look like you would want to add to much as you mentioned. I think keeping that coil in place might be a good idea. After looking at that I found a razor knife on the floorboards then crawled to the bow and cut just a little of the bumper(had to come inside for tape). Now I'm planning a KJ day. We'll see what changes today. Something is going to happen. Maybe small. Maybe bigger.
Ah why not custom bottoms with built in bump stops? I think I have thick enough plastic stock. Only problem is it's yellow. Too bad OME changed coil color.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online