Rear Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought replacement fobs for my 2005 Liberty Sport. The buttons (at least one) are so sensitive the rear glass keeps popping open. Slide the keys in your pocket and the rear glass opens. Grip the key to start and the it opens. Remote opening the glass is hardly anything I need since I have a privacy cover in the back and have to open the hatch to put anything in anyway. Anyway to deactivate it in the Jeep or should I take the fob apart and remove "guts" for that button?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably take the back door cover off and clip the wire in there that sends power to the lock. Not sure if that would mess anything else up though since I've never done it.

I guess instead of cutting it you could just disconnect it and see if it causes issues and if so just reconnect it too. Not sure why I jumped right to clipping the wire lol

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the fob set to activate on one press of the button or two? Perhaps setting it for "two" may help. I think you can set this feature per the users manual. I wonder if it is shorting out somehow, maybe the guts are loose are something got pinched when you snapped it together....just a thought.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the fob set to activate on one press of the button or two? Perhaps setting it for "two" may help. I think you can set this feature per the users manual. I wonder if it is shorting out somehow, maybe the guts are loose are something got pinched when you snapped it together....just a thought.

but, but... That doesn't involve taking things apart. It's not a Jeep fix unless it involves taking something apart :sawzall:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to "fix" the button on the fob (super glue or doing some trimming inside) as opposed to messing with the Jeep's wires.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be more inclined NOT to put the huge key in my pocket. I have mine on a carabiner that I clip to a belt loop.

Having said that, mine is set to only open the glass on the second press of the button...

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hadda lookup "carabiner". I call those a "faux mountain climbing clip". Ok, now I know everything, as far as I know, thanks! lol

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably take the back door cover off and clip the wire in there that sends power to the lock. Not sure if that would mess anything else up though since I've never done it.

I guess instead of cutting it you could just disconnect it and see if it causes issues and if so just reconnect it too. Not sure why I jumped right to clipping the wire lol

Won't that screw up the "auto" opening of the glass when you open the rear hatch?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't that screw up the "auto" opening of the glass when you open the rear hatch?

No clue at all, never did it personaly. That is why I changed it from cutting the wire to just unplugging it. That way you could just plug it right back in with no issues if it did make it not work. Or as others posted you could just open up the fob and find a way to disconnect the button there I guess.

Latest posts

Members online