rear brake pads, do I have the anti-rattle clip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just calling around to find a good price on rear pads, and I find out that monroe pads come with or without the anti rattle clip, but the Nascar pads don't.

I have no idea if my 04/V6 KJ has them or not, being an optioned out model I will assume it does.

I am also assuming that the pads are the same, and one set just has a new clip. I am heading to the city tonight and don't have time to pull a wheel off and have a look, can anyone here tell me if there is a way to tell by serial# if I have these pads or not?

ps. nascar pads are $25 less than monroe, are they ok or should I spend the extra $$?

thanks!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gonna run the daytona 500 or something?

Go to napa and get the best ceramic pads they have and be done with it. If you need any rotors get them from there also and dont cheap out on them. Brakes are kinda important.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gonna run the daytona 500 or something?

Go to napa and get the best ceramic pads they have and be done with it. If you need any rotors get them from there also and dont cheap out on them. Brakes are kinda important.

X2....

Ceramic pads and good rotors.. Thats all you need. Anything other than that is snake oil in my opinion. (well except i do agree with slotted and cross drilled rotors, so put that under the "good rotors" part.)

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the monroe pads are good ceramic pads, and neither of the local stores (one is NAPA) in my town don't carry them but they are 60%+ higher price than I can get them in the city for.

As for my original question, is there any way to tell by model or serial # etc. if my unit has the anti rattle clips?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching about those clips.. The best i could tell you is you would have to inspect the brakes to see what you have?

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks, I think I'll just get them with the clips, if I have them I'll use them, if not I won't.

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your talking about the clips on the both ends of the brake pad the part # is
1-05019985ab from the dealer.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had my brakes apart many times and yes, there are clips on each end of the pads.

replaced my rears and they had the clips. My local kragens had em for something like $40 for the pair (ceramic oe replacements. they were old models and about half their normal price).

Glen_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, picked them up yesterday $74.99 at Canadian Tire, $119 for generic pads here where I live. Weird, almost double the price I pay for pads for my Super Duty Diesel..