Rear brake noise, heat, smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smart move for International, you can spend close to $50k on a one ton crew from the Big Three so why not get a real truck with a GVW of 25,999lbs or better. Could be a problem parking it in the garage....

2003KJ

Reaction score
zerowick said:
smart move for International, you can spend close to $50k on a one ton crew from the Big Three so why not get a real truck with a GVW of 25,999lbs or better. Could be a problem parking it in the garage....

or parking it for that matter....LOL!

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive a tri-axle dump truck for a living that weighs almost 15 tons, (30,000 lbs), empty, you should see me get that thing into the Starbucks parking spaces. #-o

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zerowick said:
I drive a tri-axle dump truck for a living that weighs almost 15 tons, (30,000 lbs), empty, you should see me get that thing into the Starbucks parking spaces. #-o

lol, I bet that is a sight to see \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
zerowick said:

lol, I bet that is a sight to see \:D/

LOL I agree! Especially when your about about 2 inches away from the yuppies Mercedes and Lexus...lol.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm usually polite enough to leave at least a foot, no really, I leave plenty of room. It's funny though, while backing into a spot for lunch this fall a guy, that had just parked his pick-up, dramatically jumped out of my way then claimed I nearly clipped him. I told him to calm down 'cause there was plenty of room, which there was. Then inside he was all polite as we danced around the coffee station, either he thought I was a psycho or he was a little off himself. :-s

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haddad's lawyers sent a "release form" to my mother consisting of 2 pages of wording that leaves them not responsible for any work they performed on her Liberty. There is also a section that requests that she refrain from any negative correspondence with others. Give me a break! I told her to hang on to it and made her promise not to even think about signing it. She got her money back, the checks cleared and she is under no further obligation. They should have held out on the checks if they wanted anything signed, not only are they crooked but they are stupid. UNREAL!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zerowick said:
Haddad's lawyers sent a "release form" to my mother consisting of 2 pages of wording that leaves them not responsible for any work they performed on her Liberty. There is also a section that requests that she refrain from any negative correspondence with others. Give me a break! I told her to hang on to it and made her promise not to even think about signing it. She got her money back, the checks cleared and she is under no further obligation. They should have held out on the checks if they wanted anything signed, not only are they crooked but they are stupid. UNREAL!

Congratulations! Funny that the lawyers had to get involved.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't funny. Haddad Motors stopped payment on those checks. Unfortunately my mother didn't cash them but deposited them into her account and then Haddad stopped payment, bad move on her part. This means it's not over yet, I can't believe these people.

2003KJ

Reaction score
stopped payment???? Now I REALLY think it's time to get the media involved. See how they react to every one else in town knowing about this little move. If not, time to get give em a dose of their own medicine. Call the law, or take em to court. Court might be the better idea. They have no reason AT ALL to stop payment. (starting to make me mad the more this sh*t goes on)

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a bad dream, I feel bad for my mother, Haddad doesn't seem to care about putting her in danger when they missed the defective caliper after looking at her Jeep twice in one week. You're right, they aren't taking this seriously. I wonder if our local paper would have the balls to do a story on this, Haddad frequently runs full page and/or multi-page adds with them so they may not want to hurt the relationship. The whole thing is just so frustrating.

2003KJ

Reaction score
zerowick said:
It's like a bad dream, I feel bad for my mother, Haddad doesn't seem to care about putting her in danger when they missed the defective caliper after looking at her Jeep twice in one week. You're right, they aren't taking this seriously. I wonder if our local paper would have the balls to do a story on this, Haddad frequently runs full page and/or multi-page adds with them so they may not want to hurt the relationship. The whole thing is just so frustrating.

pfffft, screw the paper! Go to the news!!! They would JUMP over a story like this.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Around here, all of the major news stations have "consumer reports" things they do and report back on. Anything from businesses screwing the cutsomer big time (like in your case) to testing new products.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good idea, I'm not much of a news watcher so I'm a little out of touch. I'll keep ya posted.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with George Haddad (owner) and he said duplicate checks had been sent out and the ones we were supposed to get are at the lawyer's and my mother can have them when we sign the release forms. She should have cashed them! Oh well. George said he would leave it in the hands of the lawyers, I told him he could resolve the issue by simply sending my mother the money but he refuses to without the signing of the release forms. Today I talked with Haddad's lawyer who said he had the checks and all we had to do is sign. I told him the only thing that is going to be signed is the original Extended Warranty document to make it null and void. I told him Haddad owes my mother that money for Service Dept. negligence. He said that's not how the real business world works and if we don't sign then my mother doesn't get the checks. I then talked to my lawyer who asked me what I wanted to do. I said we would be willing to sign the release for the value of the Jeep, $25,000. Aside from that the original Extended Warranty contract is all that will be signed. He said he would talk to Haddad's lawyer and get back to me.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's such a bummer to end up with the lawyers talking, just because the dealer doesn't want to do what is right. [-X

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KNOW YE THAT we, ...and ..., for and in
consideration of the amount of ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED SIXTEEN AND 57/00
(SI ,916.57) DOLLARS paid to ... by ... MOTOR GROUP,
INC., have remised, released and forever discharged and by these presents do for our heirs,
executors, and administrators remise, release and forever discharge the said ... MOTOR
GROUP, INC., its employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, heirs, executors,
administrators, successors, and assigns, of and from any and all manner of action and actions,
cause and causes of action, suits, damages, judgments, executions, claims for personal injuries,
property damage, and demands whatsoever, in law or in equity, which we ever had, now have or
which our heirs, executors, or administrators hereafter can, shall, or may have against ...
MOTOR GROUP, INC., its employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives for, upon,
or by reason of, any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, from the beginning of the world to the
day of the date of these presents, including but not limited to, on account of ANY AND ALL
MATTERS RELATED TO THE REPAIRS PERFORMED ON ... 2004 JEEP LIBERTY, VIN #... AS WELL AS ALL
OBLIGATIONS, PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE, ARISING OR THAT MAY
HEREAFTER ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH ...SERVICE
CONTRACT. The parties expressly acknowledge that the amount of money paid hereunder is a
refund of ... payment for repairs to said vehicle, her purchase of said service contract and that said service contract is hereby terminated and the rights and obligations
thereunder are extinguished without further recourse.
It is Further agreed that there are no collateral or outside agreements of any kind between
the parlies hereto and that said payment is in accord and satisfaction of a disputed claim. The
terms of this Release as well as all claims asserted by or that may be asserted by ... are and shall remain confidential. Furthermore, the undersigned shall not contact or
communicate with, directly or indirectly, in any manner or by any means, .. MOTOR
GROUP, INC. ... and ... agree that they will not disparage
... MOTOR GROUP, INC., its officers, directors, shareholders and agents, in any
manner likely to be harmful to them or their business, business reputation or personal reputation.
... MOTOR GROUP, INC., on behalf of its officers, directors and employees who
have knowledge of this Release, shall not disparage ... or ... in any
manner likely to be harmful to their personal reputation. ... and...
shall not disclose said terms or claims to any other persons and shall indemnify ...
MOTOR GROUP, INC. for all sums paid hereunder upon a breach of confidentiality or any
other agreement, promise, covenant or promise contained herein.

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Members online

No members online now.