Rear brake noise, heat, smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
just out of curiousity..which dealer is this?
for future reference for owners living in the same area....

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap.

You need to get in touch with someone above them. This is just insanity. Just read the thread today, so I'm a lil late to the party.

I would detail all of this in a well-written letter to DCX, get names/addresses from the lovely dealership. Just call up w/o identifying yourself, ask who they report to :)

Dont let these punks get away with this crap.

-Blu

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeh call up dcx..or write to them..and complain to the better business bureau
I did with my dealer.....chrysler sent me coupons....for stuff for inconvenience...(i know, cheesy, but they were pretty good...75 bux off purchases 200 bux or over...and some other misc stuff like free oil changes/wipers..etc....but u can only use it at dealers..... #-o )

and the last time i went to my dealer (LBJ recall)...they didnt have the 5 star rating anymore.....

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does dcx mean, sorry if that's a dumb question? Just got off the phone with the owner of the dealership and it was a nice refreshing conversation. Not that I'm going to retract my previous post but at least I was treated like a human being. He said he would try to make things right with my Mother on Thursday as he is away tomorrow. The owner and I have mutual friends so that should help. Stay tuned.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zerowick said:
What does dcx mean, sorry if that's a dumb question?

To quote Mr Garrison: "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people :)"

Just teasin ya bro... seriously, no dumb questions on this board. DCX is a common abbreviation for Daimler Chrysler. Glad to hear that you got some positive response. Hopefully it will work out ok... but I think I would probably write to DCX anyway, just detail what went on and express your dissatisfaction. Sometimes a well-written letter can move mountains. I've done this a few times, notably for our health insurance, and for TigerDirect.com (Avoid them, their customer service well, *****.)

-Blu

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
BluPhant said:
TigerDirect.com (Avoid them, their customer service well, *****.)

-Blu

(word)

i was on hold for bout 8 hours total.....at one point..trying to return something.....on boy was that fun.....

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, my Mother is going to write a nice letter to Chrysler. You are right about the physical letter, it makes the most impact. Gotta go, Idol is coming on...(closet Idol fan) :-$

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I so dislike dealers. If my dealer is a "five star dealer", I would hate to see a four star. screwy.gif

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw, my Mom has a 2004 Renegade with limited slip rear, abs and the 5 sp. man. so it has the standard part time transfer case. I tried to talk her into the auto so she could get the tcase with the dummy full time 4wd position. She insisted on the manual in the event her brakes fail; after the recent events that doesn't seem so far fetched. And I understand the part time case is more reliable. Either way it's one powerful little screamer, seems a bit soft in the corners but that could probably be corrected with some better shocks.

2003KJ

Reaction score
WOW!

I just read the whole thread, some story!

I would DEFINATELY let DCX know what happened. I would suggest you and your mother write them a letter.

I can't really complain that much about my dealer. 5-star, and fairly friendly people. The place has been there as long as the city had...something lik 75 years in business. They sponsor alot of little league events, and senior citizen events. Of course, I get the usual of, "well upon closer inspection of your Jeep Tim, You need a new set of wipers, a new air filter (on an engine that gets pampered and only had, at the time 13K on it), and your brakes are wearing thin." I then requested to be brought back to my vehicle so I could have a look at the items in question. I looked at the brakes and they're probably about halfway worn, the wipers look almost like new, and air filter had only a few specs on it, and when I held it up to a light, I could still see through it. I then questioned him on what he was talking about. He then said "we air on the side of caution". My final response was "put the wipers back on, filter back in, and put my tires back on, and i'll take my keys please.

But thats typical, I've had that at ANY dealer i've ever been to. Plus, my salesman keeps trying to sell me on a new Grand Cherokee.....nice, but too big.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I so dislike dealers. If my dealer is a "five star dealer", I would hate to see a four star. screwy.gif

I second that notion.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Of course, I get the usual of, "well upon closer inspection of your Jeep Tim, You need a new set of wipers, a new air filter (on an engine that gets pampered and only had, at the time 13K on it), and your brakes are wearing thin." I then requested to be brought back to my vehicle so I could have a look at the items in question. I looked at the brakes and they're probably about halfway worn, the wipers look almost like new, and air filter had only a few specs on it, and when I held it up to a light, I could still see through it. I then questioned him on what he was talking about. He then said "we air on the side of caution". My final response was "put the wipers back on, filter back in, and put my tires back on, and i'll take my keys please.

What a joke! 13k for brakes?! I hope I don't have that happen at my dealer.

My Honda, it's about at 75k and close to seven years old, so I am going to take it in for a look over. Other then changing the oil with synthetic every 10k, two air filters, changed the plugs once, cleaned up the breaks at 50k and new pads on the front, I haven't followed Honda's service schedule. It would be waste of money (and my time) to have the dealer inspect it every three months. I realize that the Jeep may need more service so I'll keep a closer eye on it.

2003KJ

Reaction score
What a joke! 13k for brakes?! I hope I don't have that happen at my dealer.

I know! I ended up laughing at the guy as I walked away with my keys....LOL.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I'm in this mess, I realize a car dealership is a business that needs to make money, but to sell bogus "maintenance" to people that don't know any better is unacceptable and completely evil.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zerowick said:
That's why I'm in this mess, I realize a car dealership is a business that needs to make money, but to sell bogus "maintenance" to people that don't know any better is unacceptable and completely evil.

that is well said, but I think they are mostly all that way. ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zerowick said:

Post of the week!

perfect10.gif

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with the owner this am to schedule an appointment to clear this up and sever all ties with the dealership, waiting for a call back from him with a time.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck my friend.

Oh and, Bravo for standing up to your dealer, and not letting them get away with this crap =D>

Latest posts

Members online