Rear brake noise, heat, smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot a juicy little detail. When I was on the phone this am with my mother while watching my sons learn to snowboard I noticed a woman in front of me turn her head to look at me. I assumed she was interested in the conversation so when I hung up I advised her not to do business with Haddad. She said that was funny because a relative of hers got thrown from one of Haddad's golf carts while a salesperson was showing cars to him and he broke his leg. I asked for the guys name but she said she couldn't say because they are in the middle of a law suit. Like I said before, this area is too small for Haddad to be burning bridges.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there aren't many dealerships around here and people are too lazy to drive an hour to a decent one. They are also located in a town that has a lot of wealthy residents that don't have to worry about the cost of their cars or the maintenance.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it wasn't a no-show. My mother spoke with the Gen. Man. on Monday and he said by the end of the day the lawyers would call with an appt. Never happened. The owner also told me on Saturday that the meeting was scheduled for Monday. At least they are consistant with their lies.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Well, keep calling them. Call them multiple times a day. Like I said before, they can't stop you from picking up YOUR OWN PHONE.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mother phoned me yesterday to say she had received the checks via us mail. Three checks: one for the refund of the bogus brake repair where they missed the seized caliper, one for the refund of the prorated Extended Service Plan, and one for the balance of the entire Extended Service Plan price. All together they total around $2000. Nothing she didn't already give them. Now we are square and my mother can sever all ties with Haddad. I'm glad it's over. We never did have a meeting with their lawyers. For anyone in the area, STAY AWAY FROM HADDAD MOTORS!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
zerowick said:
My mother phoned me yesterday to say she had received the checks via us mail. Three checks: one for the refund of the bogus brake repair where they missed the seized caliper, one for the refund of the prorated Extended Service Plan, and one for the balance of the entire Extended Service Plan price. All together they total around $2000. Nothing she didn't already give them. Now we are square and my mother can sever all ties with Haddad. I'm glad it's over. We never did have a meeting with their lawyers. For anyone in the area, STAY AWAY FROM HADDAD MOTORS!

thats great news, glad it's over....... \:D/ (Cheers) let's chalk this up in the "horrible dealer experience" file...

2003KJ

Reaction score
Glad to hear things are lookin up.

Not trying to burst the bubble or anything, but it's not completely over untill those checks clear the bank and the money is already in the account. Never heard of a dealer bouncing a check before, but these guys sound like sleeze balls, so ya never know.

Still glad to hear things are definately lookin up. :)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad its over, congrats on finally getting it resolved in a semi-satifactory manner \:D/

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't now if it'll be any help now, but I'm just remebering that a while back, I found a list of the email addresses for Chrysler's top execs. There's 12 for the management board and 20 for the supervisory board. I even have it comma delimited in case you want to email all of them. Let me know if you need it, I can email it to you or pm you with them. Personally, I think it'd be more fun to drive a semi through their showroom and offices, but that may be a tad much.....lol.

montinbkr

Reaction score
similar problem (with rear brake)

My 03 Limited (4 wheel disc) has a similar problem. There was a squeak while drive from 5 to 40 mph at the rear passanger brake. It was not dependent on any temp for it happen hot or cold. It could also be heard at high speeds when traveling around curves on the freeway. It started intermittently, but over a month started occuring all the time. It would stop when the brakes were applied. The dealer replaced the rotor under warranty and it was solved for 300-400 miles. Now its BACK. The dealer just replaced the rotor pad, but it still occurs. If the past is any indication, it will be full blown again in a month or so. Any ideas? There is NO smoke and NO glowing red from the disc. Caliper?

(even though this is some what different from the original post, thought it would be redundant to post new topic... and if this was JU, i would be killed for a repost)

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the caliper may not be 100% so you may want to point this out to the dealer, can't hurt to change it, it's a warranty item, not a wear item.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
I don't now if it'll be any help now, but I'm just remebering that a while back, I found a list of the email addresses for Chrysler's top execs. There's 12 for the management board and 20 for the supervisory board. I even have it comma delimited in case you want to email all of them. Let me know if you need it, I can email it to you or pm you with them. Personally, I think it'd be more fun to drive a semi through their showroom and offices, but that may be a tad much.....lol.
please do send the info to me, I would appreciate it =D>

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's what I found for Chrysler exec emails. Figured I'd just post it here so everybody can copy them down if they want them. Unfortunately, I have no clue what site I got it from, but I do have the info saved in a Word file if anyone needs or would like it that way....

[email protected]

DC Board of Management:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Klaus-Dieter.Vö[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

DC Supervisory Board Members:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Willi.Bö[email protected]
[email protected]
Manfred.Gö[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Wolf.Jürgen.Rö[email protected]
[email protected]
Peter.Schö[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Mark.Wö[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Comma delimited (for e-mail programs):
[email protected], Jü[email protected], [email protected], Gü[email protected], [email protected], Jü[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Klaus-Dieter.Vö[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Willi.Bö[email protected], [email protected], Manfred.Gö[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Wolf.Jürgen.Rö[email protected], [email protected], Peter.Schö[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Mark.Wö[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Hope this is of some use. =)