Rear Brake Caliper Mounting Bolt Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vettenuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

New to this forum and Jeeps. My daugther has an 03 Liberty that I now have up on blocks. It appears the rear caliper pistons stuck and ground the pads right into the rotors. Does anyone have the service manual that can provide me with the torque value required to install the rear calipers. The bolts are fairly small so I don't want to over tighten them.

Thanks

vettenuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am replacing the calipers as well. I have found some Federal Mogul rebuilds that offer a metal piston to replace the phenolic one, which should help with sticking in the future. New Bendix rotors will go on as well. She spoke to Jeep about it, they admitted to the problem but the dealer was absolutely useless as was the case with the Jeep customer service.

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vettenuts said:
Hi,

New to this forum and Jeeps. My daugther has an 03 Liberty that I now have up on blocks. It appears the rear caliper pistons stuck and ground the pads right into the rotors. Does anyone have the service manual that can provide me with the torque value required to install the rear calipers. The bolts are fairly small so I don't want to over tighten them.

Thanks

11 foot pounds

rearwindow

Reaction score
"11 foot pounds"

That is for the front.
They don't list Ft. Lbs.
This is what is listed: Caliper Mounting Bolts Rear 25 N.M. — 220 In. Lbs.

vettenuts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rearwindow said:
"11 foot pounds"

That is for the front.
They don't list Ft. Lbs.
This is what is listed: Caliper Mounting Bolts Rear 25 N.M. — 220 In. Lbs.

Thanks, the rears are therefore 18 lb-ft.