Rain-x Latitudes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

Now I'm really going to get different wipers. I remember about a dozen or so years ago I had some of those triple edge wipers that really were my best wipers ever. I just wish I could remember what they were.

Lol...Yeah I didn't know they were owned by Shell.. Crazy though..

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
So what I have read her is... that these are the best wipers ever....or they are no better that the cheap-ooos I have on the KJ now????

I don't feel like shelling out close to $50 for a pair of wiper blades that do what mine do now....miss the bottom left corner of the windshield....#-o

L

lil black liberty

Put it this way..They are really really good wipers with one small flaw design that hopefully I have brought to their attention. IMHO I would buy these wipers again in a heartbeat..

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on all of my vehicles. I only pay $10 each for them so they are worth it to me, but on ALL of my vehicles they miss the bottom and the top of the windshield.

They are TERRIBLE in the snow... you will destroy them in a heartbeat if you run them as winter blades.

They only work awesome for about 3 months,

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are still going strong, really surprised me in the cooler weather(~32F). Given I do not scrape ice with them, they are doing great at removing the rain. I cannot speak for everyones personal preference but if a wiper doesnt give me a perfect swipe I dont like them. How long these last will decide whether or not I buy them again. Ive had mine for almost 5 months now.

L

lil black liberty

Mine are still going strong, really surprised me in the cooler weather(~32F). Given I do not scrape ice with them, they are doing great at removing the rain. I cannot speak for everyones personal preference but if a wiper doesnt give me a perfect swipe I dont like them. How long these last will decide whether or not I buy them again. Ive had mine for almost 5 months now.

X2... Thing is I think OffroadOhio needs some haterade sent to him... I'm sure Linewarbr has some extra left over from the superbowl because I never got mine.. :p:D:D

L

lil black liberty

As I figured Shell never responded...Makes me think twice about buying these now.. I have been looking at the new Bosch Icons...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here Shell, look at this. This is why I might just go oem. Seems to me the original wipers you get are always the best. May be because the glass is new too though. Anyway, here is a video I took on a rainy day a couple days ago. You can see how it ***** the water back onto the glass and is sort of a safety hazard. I will not buy these again because of this.

RainX vid

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been trying them for about 2 months now after having ICON's for over 2 years,been less then impressed as they are already streaking.Glad I only paid $19 for both.I will be getting the new Bosch Evolution wipers soon.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My windshield looks like it's been sandblasted. Might try a new one of those. I've been using Rain-X for a dozen or so years. First applied it to the windshield of an airplane. Fell in love with the stuff. Tried it on my boat but failed to get it to hover over the water. Been using it on my KJ since new.

When I'm due for new wipers I'll go to WalMart and pony up for the Rain-X's. Can't find the Bosch parts in the middle of Butt-F*** nowhere. All I've used to date are the $4 wiper refill blades. They come about 24" long and are cut-to-fit.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My windshield looks like it's been sandblasted. Might try a new one of those. I've been using Rain-X for a dozen or so years. First applied it to the windshield of an airplane. Fell in love with the stuff. Tried it on my boat but failed to get it to hover over the water. Been using it on my KJ since new.

When I'm due for new wipers I'll go to WalMart and pony up for the Rain-X's. Can't find the Bosch parts in the middle of Butt-F*** nowhere. All I've used to date are the $4 wiper refill blades. They come about 24" long and are cut-to-fit.

I've heard Rain-X causes your windshield to acquire the sandblasted look. I don't use the stuff because of that.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard Rain-X causes your windshield to acquire the sandblasted look. I don't use the stuff because of that.

I've heard that following sanding trucks in the winter, following gravel trucks in the summer and living in northern Alberta where half the roads are crappy gravel/pavement causes sandblasted looking windshields. It has had zero negative impact on aircraft windscreens, which cost a ****-ton more than a car windshield.

wlabarre

Reaction score
I have been using Valeo wiper blades for years now. They are similar to Rain-X and Bosch, you can get them from Tire Rack for $20. The deal is the first blade is $19.95 and you get the second for free..here's the link: http://www.tirerack.com/wipers/deta...=Liberty+Sport+4wd&autoYear=2007&autoModClar=

I also have been using Aquapel on my glass instead of Rain-X, it's a little more expensive but lasts about 6 months. I haven't had any problems with the "sandblasting" effect either.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on the valeo blades try out amazon, i scored 4 blades (18 inch ones though) for about $5 each shipped a while back. love them, way better than any other blade i've used before. only problem i had was i broke the end plastic piece that holds the blade on by letting the wiper slap back down on the windshield when it was cold. i've been meaning to try the aquapel just gotta remember to order some.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got Proline wiper blades at Pep Boys, buy one get one. Love them, they're quiet, and wipe great. And only $13...
You must be registered for see images attach

L

lil black liberty

Been trying them for about 2 months now after having ICON's for over 2 years,been less then impressed as they are already streaking.Glad I only paid $19 for both.I will be getting the new Bosch Evolution wipers soon.

Got em on my mom's durango works like a charm! (Evo's that is)

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a set of latitudes on the liberty for about a month now. Ive been very happy with them. But I dont see any extra performance from them. god job, but nothing to write home about it. I got these free from a friend otherwise i just grab the cheapest ones i can find and replace them in 2 years