Rain-x Latitudes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply AMAZING! Ive never had a wiper like these before. Had the Michelin 'frameless' wipers before these and they were junk from day one. Since then they have re designed their frame less wipers but Im not giving them a second chance of taking my money.

The latitudes are expensive at $20 a piece but they are amazing. It took me awhile to pony up to paying that much for wipers but its all Ill ever use. Im not sure if I want it to rain so I can use my wipers or stay dry so my Jeep doesnt get dirty!?! :D

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these are what I picked up at Costco a few months ago. I am waiting for my regular Rain-X's to wear so I can replace them. We haven't had a lot of rainy days, so when it starts getting colder, these old ones will get stiffer and will start smudging, so I will be replacing them with Rain-x Latitudes as well..
I also used Michelins before, they were pretty good too, maybe you got a bad batch, or maybe the ones I had were the other design.. They were Michelin Radius. http://gallery.jeepprojects.com/details.php?image_id=646 But they do not last as long as others.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, you had the new design. The ones I had still had the 6 pressure points. They just stuck that big wing on the top and called it 'frameless'. I should of took them back as soon as I bought them. The day I put them on each end of the wiper would jump since it was so flimsy. The ends never made contact with the windshield either, pure junk from day one.

I cant even tell a wiper is going over the windshield with these rain-x's, its so smooth and quiet. Makes me want to eat the windshield or something, haha.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahahaha... I know that quiet swoosh, like it is running over a carpet. :)
It doesn't want to make me eat any part of my jeep, though... kopkrab.gif Maybe if it was fiberglass body.. and maybe if a I were a goat...

L

lil black liberty

Yeah I have to agree the Latitudes are simply amazing.. I picked a pair of these up about 3 months ago and they work amazing!!! No bug can stop this pair of wipers :D Only one complaint I have.. I was told they don't make the right size for the back glass..

Boiler

Reaction score
I've been using them for about 3 months. I also rainex my windshield. The other day in light rain at night I seemed to have a slight haze forming on the outside after each wipe, not sure what that was about.

Also, my drivers blade pulls water along with it as it goes back down. That is annoying. A nice clean upwipe and then the down wipe seems to suck water back onto the windshield behind it. Usually it only does it about 4 inches out from the edge, but the other night it was like 6 or more when operating the blades on the second fastest mode.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
For now I have been using the washer fluid with the rain-x in it and I hardly need to use my wipers any more in the rain unless it is really pouring out. All the water just beads up and runs off the windshield. I just set the wipers on the longest delay setting.

I will check the rain-x wipers out next time I need them. Good to know. Thanks Blake.

Oh, and stop chewing on your windshield.......stop that.....:D

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, it just makes it seem so soft, idk.

And yeah, Ive noticed that about it pulling the water back but it only seems to do that with hard rain falls.

And yup, Ive got the rain x on my wind shield and usually keep it on the lowest delay setting. Only time I actually turn them on is in heavy traffic on the hw with lots of mists or in town with lots of traffic.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I've been using them for about 3 months. I also rainex my windshield. The other day in light rain at night I seemed to have a slight haze forming on the outside after each wipe, not sure what that was about.

Also, my drivers blade pulls water along with it as it goes back down. That is annoying. A nice clean upwipe and then the down wipe seems to suck water back onto the windshield behind it. Usually it only does it about 4 inches out from the edge, but the other night it was like 6 or more when operating the blades on the second fastest mode.

I have the same problem with my latitudes minus the haze. They are the same age as yours and I also rainX the windshield. It can get quite annoying at times, It seems to have just started recently and for no apparent reason :(

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
For now I have been using the washer fluid with the rain-x in it and I hardly need to use my wipers any more in the rain unless it is really pouring out. All the water just beads up and runs off the windshield.

It's awesome isn't it .. lol ... I let it bead up and fly off till just before my wife says "Are you gonna turn on the wipers??" :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's awesome isn't it .. lol ... I let it bead up and fly off till just before my wife says "Are you gonna turn on the wipers??" :D

rofl2.gif...........The GF says the same to me.........rofl2.gif

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Michelin Radius wipers on my Jeep and my dad has the Rain-X Latitude wipers on his Durango. I've compared them and they are exactly the same. Only thing different is that mine say Michelin and his say Rain-X.

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rofl2.gif...........The GF says the same to me.........rofl2.gif

Dave

haha first time I bought the washer fluid with rain x in it the GF was amazed. and i live in florida so it rains a lot. and i get to see the beading in action :D

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is also my complaint about them. Driver wiper ***** water behind it on down stroke. I think the wiper creates a vacuum behind it which ***** the water up behind it. I think the "wing" on it creates a vacuum or some sort of cowl effect and it makes the water trail behind the wiper. It does not happen when sitting still. It is purely caused by some sort of aero defect in my opinion.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When my wife asks me a silly question like that I always respond with one of two things... "What are you doing out of the kitchen?" or "Where's my sandwhich?" I normally get punched in the arm but it's so worth it.

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine who owns a auto repair center gave me a set of Rain-X Lattitudes. They're the best wipers I've ever owned. I could care less about the lack of a rear size blade since I never use the rear wiper. Btw; remember, when the blades begin to streak across your windshield, grab a paper towel (from the gas station pump island, or wherever) and gently wipe the blades with windshield fluid. This will make them work like new again.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if the Latitude wiper looks exactly the same as the new Michelin Radius wiper that doesnt mean the chemical make up of the rubber is the same. Far as I know almost all of the wipers with a frame look the same but they all perform differently.

And it would be cool to have a wiper for the rear but it really isnt needed back there. There isnt near as much wind so a regular wiper works perfectly fine. What is that wiper, 11"??

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it would be cool to have a wiper for the rear but it really isnt needed back there. There isnt near as much wind so a regular wiper works perfectly fine. What is that wiper, 11"??

Yeah, I think it was 11". I couldn't find one anywhere and sucked it up and went to the dealer and they charged me $10 or so for it. If I remember correctly anyway as it was awhile ago. I really don't use the rear one that often so actually it is not in bad shape.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I hardly ever use mine either. Really only use it when Im in traffic and want to keep an eye on whats going on behind me. I never turn it on and leave it on like most people do.... Even when its dry and not raining... Mine still looks like new after almost, gasp, 6 years.. Shes getting old she is..