Rain-x Latitudes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't easily change the rear wiper because of the proprietary Chrysler clip. (something Daimler came up with I'm sure...) Anyway, what I have done is simply change the rubber blade. It's quite easy to do. My dad has done that for years on his Durango which also features that stupid Chrysler only clip. Wiper works like new. I also clean all 3 wiper blades with rubbing alcohol every few months.

Boiler

Reaction score
$10 or so from the dealer isn't too bad really. I went to napa for some other stuff and asked if they had that wiper. He walked me over to a bosch 11" blade and said it was it. I was out there in the dark trying to figure out how to get it on. The clips that come with it don't work.

So I popped the clip off my old blade, attached it to the bosch, and it went on. I haven't wiped with it yet so I have no clue how good it works, but its on there...

Next time (in 5 years) I'll probably grab one from the dealer.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer here wanted 27$. I told him to shove it...I bought a cheapo wiper for 5$ at wal mart and swapped the blade. Works like a charm now.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also just got a set, had to get the 18" set, work wonders. Now somehow in the past snowstorm I seem to have lost my back wiper:mad: no idea how.

What size is the back wiper anyone know off hand?

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Rain-X Winter Wipers in the 20" form. They fit great even though the KJ calls for 19". I had crappy Michelins on before that iced up during the snow storm we had here two weeks ago. I couldn't see $hit!:mad:

Rain-x FTW!:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i also just got a set, had to get the 18" set, work wonders. Now somehow in the past snowstorm I seem to have lost my back wiper:mad: no idea how.

What size is the back wiper anyone know off hand?

11"....it was hard to find...:(

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
$10 or so from the dealer isn't too bad really. I went to napa for some other stuff and asked if they had that wiper. He walked me over to a bosch 11" blade and said it was it. I was out there in the dark trying to figure out how to get it on. The clips that come with it don't work.

So I popped the clip off my old blade, attached it to the bosch, and it went on. I haven't wiped with it yet so I have no clue how good it works, but its on there...

Next time (in 5 years) I'll probably grab one from the dealer.

I have the same blade....used the old clips I think. Still is kinda crappy, but it works...

brucebotti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Rain-X Latitudes on my Libby and the wife's 300M. It was a Christmas present to the vehicles. They are absolutely the best wipers I have ever used. As a bonus, Pep Boys had them "buy 1 - get 1 free". Of course it was a mail in rebate, but for $39, it was worth sending in.
Bruce

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are still doing great. Was interested to see how they did when it got cold and so far theyve done great, even at hw speeds. I have noticed the water they tend to pull back onto the windshield at hw speeds but it doesnt bother me.

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are still doing great. Was interested to see how they did when it got cold and so far theyve done great, even at hw speeds. I have noticed the water they tend to pull back onto the windshield at hw speeds but it doesnt bother me.
The water it drags back annoys the hell out of me.. and sometimes i feel like my driver side wiper isnt touching the windshield all the way in some spots.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The water it drags back annoys the hell out of me.. and sometimes i feel like my driver side wiper isnt touching the windshield all the way in some spots.

Annoys me too. Anyone where it is warm able to take a video? I think it is a safety concern. I had it one time where it pretty much dragged more water onto the windshield than it took off and I found myself trying to duck under the line of water. Also, mine are almost a year old and they are starting to streak. They say you don't get streaks like the ones with pressure points, but I think it is even worse. With normal (classic) wipers they start streaking where the pressure points are. Well, these wipers are one big pressure point, and sure enough the whole flippin thing is streaking. Mine are still good though after I spray the windshield with fluid to get it clean, but I can tell they are on their way to the garbage.

L

lil black liberty

Well I have recently had this problem too.. looks like to me the problem is the bottom left side of the wiper if your looking out @ the road isn't connecting too well. I am just curious if maybe the wiper size isn't right for the jeeps.. I might Email Rain-X about this..

L

lil black liberty

Well I didn't know this: RAIN-X is owned by Shell Oil Company.... Interesting...Very...Interesting...

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't know this: RAIN-X is owned by Shell Oil Company.... Interesting...Very...Interesting...

Now I'm really going to get different wipers. I remember about a dozen or so years ago I had some of those triple edge wipers that really were my best wipers ever. I just wish I could remember what they were.

Latest posts

Members online