Rack Pinion bushing orientation question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx_599

Reaction score
2004 Liberty

I got one of those re-manufactured Cardone R/P and now I am unsure of bushing placement.

At first I put the bushing in from the topside. HOWEVER, I think I need to put them in from the bottom.

Is the flange of the bushing supposed to go in between the R/P and frame? It does not seem right to have the flange on top. Seems like the R/P would wear against the frame.

So I think I need to flip them before I go further. Someone has asked this question in another thread but it was never replied to

can anyone confirm?

thanks!

mx_599

Reaction score
The bushing flange is on the bottom.

thanks again for your help. I didn't think it looked right. Good thing nothing is bolted tight yet. Just need to switch'em to the bottom.

another quick question...I put all new stuff in (rack, hoses, return and pressure hoses), how hard with it be to purge and bleed system do you think? should I be able to do it without getting all involved with disconnecting return hose and pumping oil out and stuff?

argh! I just want this to end! almost done

Latest posts

Members online