Quiet AT tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dstangline

Reaction score
I’m have been running GRABBER A/TX for the past 3 years, they have always had horrible on road noise. It’s getting time to replace them.

Looking for the quietest AT tire I can find. One person recommended COOPER DISCOVERER AT3 4S.

Any comments will help.

Thanks,

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have Goodyear Wrangler A/T ‘s on mine, the M+S version. They’re very quiet.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got G015 Yokohama Geolandars, nice and quiet with good grip on and off road.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have run both Goodyear Duratracs and BFG KO2’s. Both were reasonably quiet at the beginning, not so much later on. Traction is awesome though.

CheddarGau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Coopers on my Tacoma - pretty quiet tire for a 10 ply.
I have run both Goodyear Duratracs and BFG KO2’s. Both were reasonably quiet at the beginning, not so much later on. Traction is awesome though.
I had Duratracs on a 2000 Durango and was in a freezing rain storm, I was about 30m away from a semi in front of me (highway), who suddenly decided to jam on their brakes and head into the scale....... I stopped and didnt smash into the trailer, despite initially sliding and going at a safe speed. For that reason Duratracs are my go to for all terrain tire in winter conditions. That said in freezing rain storm all bets are off, I think safe speed and luck played more of a role than the tires, but they do help.

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Traction only helps with acceleration and steering, get on the brakes hard in slippery conditions and the best tires don't help a lot. I had Hankook Dynapro tires for a few years and I could go through 12 inches of snow but one day a dummy decided to switch into the lane I was in and slow down even more on snow. I was driving sideways with the brake pedal pushed and barely missed them as they pulled into their driveway. They should have been in the right lane to begin with as the signs say for slow traffic to be there. It was level ground and that right lane hadn't been plowed but this person didn't want to drive on that lane for 1/4 mile to get to their driveway

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
I ran Kelly AT on mine and they were really quiet. Actually impressed me how balanced of a tire too. 3 of 4 of my tires required no weights for balancing, the 4th one only took a half ounce. They have long service mileage too.

BackRoad

Reaction score
In a similar boat here - been running Grabber AT2s for quite a long time. Great value but noisy. Debating between the Grabbers again and putting up with the noise or other options like the Toyo Open Country AT3, the Duratracts or the Coopers based on the recommendation above.

Costco has the Destination AT2 on sale for <$200 a tire and free installation which seems like a great deal, but reviews here on those seem mixed.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on Nokians for the winter. They deal with rain, ice, and packed snow superbly. Definitely a milder and quieter tread than the Duratracs I run the rest of the year.

Last edited:

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
Kelly Edge A/T. They were great on my CRD, an went thru snow amazing. Long life, an quiet.
Link to those:
I also used the Kelly Safari ATR, they were nice too. A little quieter, lil less aggressive of tread too.

BackRoad

Reaction score
I ended up with Yokohama Geolander G015 as that was what was available at nearby tire shop and price was comparable to my other choices. So far they seem very quiet on road compared to the General Grabbers. Have yet to do much driving in wet/snow conditions.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with Yokohama Geolander G015 as that was what was available at nearby tire shop and price was comparable to my other choices. So far they seem very quiet on road compared to the General Grabbers. Have yet to do much driving in wet/snow conditions.
They are good in the wet, well tested over the last few months!

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are good tires, but will eventually get noisy as ####. Mine will be quiet for a few hundred after I rotate, then noisy again.

Maybe 30 thou. on them, still 10K or more left, been noisy since 20K or so.