Questions about Lift Height after Settling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the 3.5" TM Econolift with Ironman springs and shocks about 30k miles ago and I'm now sitting at 21 in the front and 22 in the rear. I've been in Korea so my wife has been driving the Jeep and it has not seen off-road action since the lift was installed. Is it normal for it to sag that much that fast? I'm about to buy tires as my stock size tires are pretty worn but seeing how much lower it is I don't think the 32" (ok 31.75) tires I wanted are going to fit.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed the 3.5" TM Econolift with Ironman springs and shocks about 30k miles ago and I'm now sitting at 21 in the front and 22 in the rear. I've been in Korea so my wife has been driving the Jeep and it has not seen off-road action since the lift was installed. Is it normal for it to sag that much that fast? I'm about to buy tires as my stock size tires are pretty worn but seeing how much lower it is I don't think the 32" (ok 31.75) tires I wanted are going to fit.

Should not be that low, which Ironman springs did you go with and how much clevis did you install?
Also no way are you going to run 32s since you need 4 inches of lift and also 4.10 gearing

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should not be that low, which Ironman springs did you go with and how much clevis did you install?
Also no way are you going to run 32s since you need 4 inches of lift and also 4.10 gearing

I went with the HD springs for 110-220lbs additional weight. I was planning on getting a front bumper but it hasn't happened yet. I used the .375 clevis. I have regeared to 4:10s.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I went with the HD springs for 110-220lbs additional weight. I was planning on getting a front bumper but it hasn't happened yet. I used the .375 clevis. I have regeared to 4:10s.

With the Ironman it was advised to go with the .500 clevis spacer
the .375 was for the OMEs
at least thats the way I set it up and everyone who I advised was told that

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Ironman it was advised to go with the .500 clevis spacer
the .375 was for the OMEs
at least thats the way I set it up and everyone who I advised was told that

Oh, I didn't know that. Everything I read said go with the .375 and in a thread I started I was told the same thing. No big deal, only what 1/4" difference in height. Still doesn't explain why I'm so low now.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that. Everything I read said go with the .375 and in a thread I started I was told the same thing. No big deal, only what 1/4" difference in height. Still doesn't explain why I'm so low now.

Wife not slowing down for speed bumps or road dips?

More common then most think and will kill front coils fast.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't have any speedbumps or dips around here so idk what happened. I don't have a lot of time before I head back to Korea so I'll just buy smaller tires than I wanted and deal with the suspension next year when I come home. Could I fit 31.25" or should I drop down to 30.5"?

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh im supposed to slow down for speed bump. Last time i slowed down on bump was when i drove my sisters civic lol.

Anyway to the op, what size do you have now? At current height i recommend 245/75r16.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh im supposed to slow down for speed bump. Last time i slowed down on bump was when i drove my sisters civic lol.

Anyway to the op, what size do you have now? At current height i recommend 245/75r16.

I'm running stock size tires right now. They had good life left in them when I installed the lift so I kept them since I wasn't going to be here anyway. Now they are pretty worn and I need to buy new ones...looks like 30.5" is what I'll be buying. Thanks for help guys.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running stock size tires right now. They had good life left in them when I installed the lift so I kept them since I wasn't going to be here anyway. Now they are pretty worn and I need to buy new ones...looks like 30.5" is what I'll be buying. Thanks for help guys.

Going to be tight, I had to trim some with 2.5 inches on my current build with a 30.5 inch tires

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't the first set of Ironman springs that we've seen reported to sag.

Not sure why, funny thing is the test set which I ran for a while and then installed on a friends is till going good , hasn't lost hardly any height. Of course I did throw in some Muddifications to them so maybe thats why they held up better

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about 10,000 on my ironmans and no sag so far...not many miles yet though but they still ride good. Throwing a clevis lift this weekend because i didnt do that when i installed the lift last winter for some reason.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually just went out and measured because im doing a clevis lift in a few days.
Driver front is 21.25 and passenger rear is 22.5 , everything else is just about 22. Im hoping that by adding 1/8 " more clevis in frond driver side will even everything out.

so when i do clevis lift "3 right clevis driver front and 2 ring clevis passenger front

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to Marlin and he's going to try to help me out with returning the Ironman springs and shocks. Instead of going with OME I think I might try to get his 4" coilovers since I have some of the parts already installed from the Econolift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I talked to Marlin and he's going to try to help me out with returning the Ironman springs and shocks. Instead of going with OME I think I might try to get his 4" coilovers since I have some of the parts already installed from the Econolift.

You can not beat the adjustable coilovers love the ride, ability to adjust them , height, rebound, compression etc its all good

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely cant beat the adjustables , personally ive been very satisfied with my ironman lift, no sagging at all yet. Handles offroad great and onroad better than stock ever could, getting my much overdue second alignment done along with new tire wheels clevis lift and UCA's in the next week or 2 so ill see from there, and hope the sag doesnt catch up to me quicker than it should :gr_grin:

but if you have the budget for the adjustables then its the obvious choice.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can not beat the adjustable coilovers love the ride, ability to adjust them , height, rebound, compression etc its all good

I was looking at the parts included in the kits and I already have the y-link extension, 4" rear springs, front & rear bumpstops, and UCAs. Do I need the cut down CVs, sway bar disconnects, or SS brake lines? Should I keep the Ironman extended rear shocks or switch over to the 5100/7100/Fox? My Liberty is a daily driver and when it does go offroad I don't go crazy with it.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the parts included in the kits and I already have the y-link extension, 4" rear springs, front & rear bumpstops, and UCAs. Do I need the cut down CVs, sway bar disconnects, or SS brake lines? Should I keep the Ironman extended rear shocks or switch over to the 5100/7100/Fox? My Liberty is a daily driver and when it does go offroad I don't go crazy with it.

Looks like you can buy just the coilovers without the extras but since they adjust up to 4" then you may want the other stuff if going that high
But if you stay under 4" then I'm sure you'd be fine
Man are they expensive.. but definitely worth it
Especially since you'd never have to buy another set

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Staying at 4 or below you dont need the CUT CVs or the SS BRAKE LINES etc , nice upgrades but not needed .
In reality the sway bar disconnects help very little and most times are noisy
The SS brakelines do help with brake feel but do nothing as far as needing them when going 4 inches
CUT DOWN CVs also are an upgrade that if you are going to be living in an area that you are wheeling every weekend and want the extra trength/ movement then yes
The Ironman longer rear shocks will work fine, on road the Fox of course since they are a higher end shocks will ride somewhat better over all but again not needed

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.