programming remotes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2006 Jeep Liberty (my 2002 235K KJ finally died!) and I am trying to program my front gate and garage door to the universal remote inside my Jeep.

Can anyone give me instructions?

I thought I had the garage door done as I followed the TRANSMIT and TRAINING messages displayed, yet the garage door would not open. The front gate I got a NOT TRAINED message.

What is the process to program my remotes to the universal remote inside my Jeep??

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luke. I found no link attached????

p.s. I did not get a manual with the vehicle. It is on order now.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click on the "how too" link its there and works. I hope you get it figured out.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
^^^ What Jeeper said :D The links don't stand out very well .. but it's up there.

It's perhaps a bit late but did you check in the slot above the glove box? That's where the manual usually hides :D

There are other pages on the web as well ... what your searching for is "Homelink" instructions.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, what luke said on the glove box deal. When I bought my KJ I was a little bummed that it didn't have a owners manual, and then I found on here that the KJ had a hidden slot and bam it had a owners manual and something else cool...the window sticker! I have been wanting to get it laminated or something and frame it. I'm a dork if you haven't noticed..

thegapgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO!! Wrong instructions. These are instructions for a keyless entry remote.

I am trying to program my entrance gate (gated community) and garage door to positions 1 and 2 on the UNIVERSAL remote located inside the Jeep between the sun visors.

My attempts appear successful as the message I receive on the displayed is TRAINED. Yet my gate and garage door do NOT open.

What gives???

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the openers use a rotating frequency there is another step you have to try in the manual. Mine still doesn't work.