Prelowered '02 Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since my 02 KJ is prelowered and if I do a Clevis lift will I be able to squeaze in 245/75/16 on Rubi rims? If not where would they rub and will spacers help?

Elmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll rub the pinch weld as well as the front of the wheel wells pretty badly.

My 245/75r16s required major trimming even after a full OME lift.

Spacers will make them rub even more.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus with a over 10 year old KJ doesn't matter if it was pre or whatever you're more than likley sagged over an inch so ............
245-70-16s on stock wheels is about it

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick follow up question. I want to put on an OME lift and want to know if I need to change the UCA's? Where on the suspension did the later KJ's lose their inch, what was lowered?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick follow up question. I want to put on an OME lift and want to know if I need to change the UCA's? Where on the suspension did the later KJ's lose their inch, what was lowered?

You dont need to. But of you have the money its a good idea. Jeepin by als uca's have removable ball joints which is a great feature. Im running the stock uca with a similar lift and i very rarely hear the control arms hit the springs

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

they used different springs, lowered 3/4 of an inch after April 12, 2002
If you just do the lift with no extras then no you do not need the UCAs, good idea but not needed. This will give you about 2.25-2.5 inches of lift
NOW if you go with top plates/ clevis etc then yes its almost a must since alignment will be better and less likely to have spring contact on the UCA