Preassembled front shock/spring assemblies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NaturalPath

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone make the front spring/shock assemblies using heavier springs than the original ones? I've looked everywhere, but haven't found any.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone make the front spring/shock assemblies using heavier springs than the original ones? I've looked everywhere, but haven't found any.
Did not look hard enough
ALLJs , www.boulderbars.com
They use OME springs and shocks, can not get the OME rear shocks now ( 132Ls )
so go with the bilsteins that work for a larger lift
Call and talk to Heather ( Co-Owner )
they sell the Frankenlift, also buy the JBA upper control arms since you'll need them as well

NaturalPath

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply tommudd. It's no surprise that I didn't find the place you suggested. Their website has very little info on anything, looks like they are still creating the website. Just to be clear, I'm not all that interested in lift, except for what I would get with new shock/spring assemblies, and the heavier springs. I would just install the original equipment units, but from what I've read, the original springs were just not good enough at 310lbs, so I was figuring something like 350lb springs might give me what I want. Right now, the front of my 04 Liberty is sitting a lot lower than the rear, and I just want to level it out. I see a lot of places that sell the shock/spring units, but none of them say what the springs are rated at. If they are the same original equipment 310lb springs, I don't see the point in buying them.

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NaturalPath Curious to follow and see what you find… I only ever seem to find lift kit things online too.

As for original ride height, there is a Monroe quick strut assembly on RockAuto (#171577) for $190/pair. I’ve priced out a “build your own” version (would require self or shop assembly) w/ new mounts, bellow, strut, coil spring, etc. on there recently but I want to say it came out to something like $450 for the pair (using Moog, Rancho, etc good parts). Big price difference that I haven’t got comfortable to spend yet. I’ve also seen mixed reviews on the Monroe one. Their stuff worked well on my ‘96 Blazer for awhile though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ALL aftermarket are stock spring rate
If not much lift you can go OME 926 fronts 947 rear with Bilstein shocks
Talk to ALLJs they may have juct what you want
and they are not new, been in business since 2002

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
@NaturalPath Curious to follow and see what you find… I only ever seem to find lift kit things online too.

As for original ride height, there is a Monroe quick strut assembly on RockAuto (#171577) for $190/pair. I’ve priced out a “build your own” version (would require self or shop assembly) w/ new mounts, bellow, strut, coil spring, etc. on there recently but I want to say it came out to something like $450 for the pair (using Moog, Rancho, etc good parts). Big price difference that I haven’t got comfortable to spend yet. I’ve also seen mixed reviews on the Monroe one. Their stuff worked well on my ‘96 Blazer for awhile though.
Monroe quickies=junk
so are moog etc at stock spring rate
If you are going to replace suspension do it right with OME springs and shocks

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also not hard to take them to a shop, 40 bucks or so to have them compress and install everything together, way safer as well

Latest posts

Members online