Post Your KJ in Snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally, some snow pics \:D/ KJ looks great, were you pleased with its abilities in the snow?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

yoda13 said:
Finally, some snow pics \:D/ KJ looks great, were you pleased with its abilities in the snow?

For what there was, yes! It has been about six years since I had driven a rear wheel drive vehicle in snow. My goal this morning was to get my wife comfortable with using the four wheel drive. We first started out with just rear wheel drive. With the KJ's short wheel base, the backend does start coming around when pushing it on curved roads. Putting it in part-time or full-time four wheel drive certain improves things. The system was engaging and disengaging right away with pulling the lever. No pops! Our KJ really reminds me of the Wagoneer that I started driving on, but a lot nicer of course (I love the seat warmers!). Two years ago we had 30 inch drifts running down my neighborhood streets, so I am crossing my fingers for more snow. The stock tires did fine. We'll see how they do with more snow.

Also, a 4x4 with ABS is sweet. It really does improve maintaining control while breaking. I was on a nice wide side road without anything around to hit. So I was hitting the breaks hard and making turns. It did very well.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Oooh looks like fun!

My pictures will be here as soon as it SNOWS!!! [-o< [-o< O:)

Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
Awesome pics! KJ's look bad ass in the snow. I'll DEFINATELY have some of mine up on here once we get some snow.

The stock tires do great in the snow, it's just the rain they struggle in.

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not snow! This is snow

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Trailn,

Did you lose a fog light?

Nice snow pic! We had a surprise snow and cold temps(0 degrees at midnight) yesterday in central Ohio. Not enough snow to have a lot of fun though.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TRAILN said:
Awesome pics!
Hey TRAILN, how've you enjoying the deep-freeze we've been getting across Ontario?
It's been a tad on the F-ING COLD SIDE!!! eh? Isn't it great waking up to a biting -29C (-20F for you southerners)?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that is some snow! I was just trying to get some photos of KJ's in snow going. Come on? Anyone else? I have my digital camera ready for more snow!

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No snow pics from me for a while unless I go up to Tahoe. Forcasts call for 60s/70s here. The only one I have is this old one from Nedderland,CO in September '04 O:)

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4Factor said:
TRAILN said:
Awesome pics!
Hey TRAILN, how've you enjoying the deep-freeze we've been getting across Ontario?
It's been a tad on the F-ING COLD SIDE!!! eh? Isn't it great waking up to a biting -29C (-20F for you southerners)?

I've never felt cold like this moring. Libby made that screaming noise (starter) for a good twenty seconds at startup :-& Felt like the brakes were dragging for the first couple of miles. Took about .5/hr to even start to feel heat out of the vents. :-&

Oh I love this country :headbang:

2003KJ

Reaction score
Libby made that screaming noise (starter) for a good twenty seconds at startup

Wait, what screaming noise would this be from the starter?

Got down to 9 here this morning. Didn't have any problems starting this morning (to my surprise, I forgot to put the car in the garage last night, so it sat out all night) I know thats nothing to -20, but for NOT being in the mountains of North Carolina, 9 is COLD AS SH**!!!!

TRAILN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Libby made that screaming noise (starter) for a good twenty seconds at startup

Wait, what screaming noise would this be from the starter?

Yep. 3rd winter for my KJ and every time it goes below zero she screams =D> The starter drive sticks and the noise is just free-wheeling

2003KJ

Reaction score
ewwwwww sounds bone chilling!

If it's the same noise i've heard, mine did that only one time, that was the one time the engine didn't catch all the way and I went to start again and she screamed bloody ****** at me.

So apparently these things don't like below 0 temps. That can't be good for the starter. No engine block heater or anything to help out????

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
FINALLY SNOW!

FINALLY GOT SNOW!

Tires work awesome!

Bennett

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Bennett! That's what I am looking for. We're expecting 5 to 7 inches tomorrow here. Hopefully I'll get some good photos myself!

And I bet that your tires do rock!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
TRAILN said:
You took off the roof rack?

As it was I only had 1/4" clearance and I was worried with the snow build up on the driveway that it would hit the garage. I never use it in the winter anyways, so I decided to just take it off. It will go back on in the spring tho, or whenever the snow all melts.

I love those tires, they will actually shoot a rooster tail up as it goes down the road.

But anyways, we got a good 8" last night and it's suppose to continue snowing all day till 10pm tonight. \:D/

Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Last Year, or was it earlier this year...? :-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online